Event ID: 7031

Post by <ITmana.. » Fri, 07 Mar 2003 04:05:33

Might be in the wrong newsgroup, but I keep getting a WinMgmt.exe error
message - Event ID 7031 - "Windows Management instrumentation services has
terminated unexpectedly." Seems to be happening on software installs/updates
only - not sure. I don't find any reference in MS Knowledgebase. Anyone have
any info....?

Event ID: 7031

Post by Matjaz Ladav » Fri, 07 Mar 2003 05:04:51

Try to apply this Q Article
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;319101

Regards

Matjaz Ladava

Quote:> Might be in the wrong newsgroup, but I keep getting a WinMgmt.exe error
> message - Event ID 7031 - "Windows Management instrumentation services has
> terminated unexpectedly." Seems to be happening on software
installs/updates
> only - not sure. I don't find any reference in MS Knowledgebase. Anyone
have
> any info....?

1. Error Message in Event Viewer Event ID:7031

The Creative Service for CDROM Access service terminated unexpectedly.  It
has done this 1 time(s).  The following corrective action will be taken in
0 milliseconds: No action.

2. synoptics/bay 3800 probs - more

3. Event ID 7031

4. AMAX IDE SUPPORT!!!! ANYONE??

5. Services stop frequently (Event ID: 7031)

6. WTB:External Hard Drive

7. Event Id 7031

8. SP3 = No more Internet?

9. Microsoft fix for event id 7031

10. Event ID: 7031

11. Access Violation in Spoolsv.exe GDI32!IcmInitIcmInfo in Windows 2000 & Event ID: 7031

12. Patch for RPC Service Stops with Event ID 7031

13. Event ID 7031 on W2K SP3