Client domain setting

Post by Big Brothe » Fri, 20 Sep 2002 08:44:43

Is it possible to remotely switch the domain that W2K clients log on to in
bulk? I need to get 120 clients to switch the domain they log on to, and
wanted to avoid having to go desk to desk. I was thinking of ASDI or a
GPO... is this possible?

Thanks

Client domain setting

Post by Torgeir Bakke » Fri, 20 Sep 2002 09:25:33

> Is it possible to remotely switch the domain that W2K clients log on to in
> bulk? I need to get 120 clients to switch the domain they log on to, and
> wanted to avoid having to go desk to desk. I was thinking of ASDI or a
> GPO... is this possible?

Hi

ADSI: No
GPO: No
WMI: No (if client had been WinXP: yes)

But I think it should be doable with a combination of Netdom.exe and PsExec.exe
from Sysinternals (at least if you have control over the password for the local
Administrator user on each computer). See this article for more info:

Subject: Re: Join Workgroup then join domain, via WSH?
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.scripting.wsh
Date: 2002-09-09 14:03:29 PST
http://groups.google.com/groups?selm=3D7CFEC8.556EDB2B%40hydro.com