There are currently no no logon servers available to service the logon request

There are currently no no logon servers available to service the logon request

Post by Mark » Sun, 18 Mar 2001 02:48:19

This worked for me: KB:Q138365

> Well if they are Win2000 clients, when you have one experiencing the
> problem, run the netdiag tool with a /L switch to create netdiag.log.  It
is
> the most comprehensive network diagnostic you can use short of network
> monitor and its free on the cd in teh \Support\Toosl dir

> BTW its probably a DNS issue

> jp

> > I work for a large corporation with many domains. On one domain we use
NT4
> > servers. We have started to test win2k pro for client machines. They use
> > DHCP for ip addressing. All works fine except: After an hour, or day or
> so,
> > we are unable to connect to any shares on the network. We can ping by IP
> > address and by name but are unable to open any share. We get the error
> > "There are currently no no logon servers available to service the logon
> > request." The only way so far to resolve it is to relog in on the client
> > machines. I beleive this is a problem with the servers but as of now I'm
> > searching for answers.

There are currently no no logon servers available to service the logon request

Thanks guys! I will give the suggestions a try.

Post by Parson » Sat, 17 Mar 2001 06:57:31

I work for a large corporation with many domains. On one domain we use NT4
servers. We have started to test win2k pro for client machines. They use
DHCP for ip addressing. All works fine except: After an hour, or day or so,
we are unable to connect to any shares on the network. We can ping by IP
address and by name but are unable to open any share. We get the error
"There are currently no no logon servers available to service the logon
request." The only way so far to resolve it is to relog in on the client
machines. I beleive this is a problem with the servers but as of now I'm
searching for answers.

There are currently no no logon servers available to service the logon request

Post by Theo » Sat, 17 Mar 2001 10:12:05

Hiya Fred

Try disabling the Powersave option on your NIC if it's enabled.  I had a
problem where a machine couldn't be backed up at night if it was restarted
and left at the logon prompt.  When I logged in it was find for backups.  I
disabled the powersave option and it solved the problem.  Some strange
things happening on these 2000 machines.  It might just be that it goes into
powersave mode, and later when you try and connect it might have released
the IP being DHCP.  Does the same thing happen with a static address?

Theo

Quote:

Post by Jason » Sat, 17 Mar 2001 15:50:58

Well if they are Win2000 clients, when you have one experiencing the
problem, run the netdiag tool with a /L switch to create netdiag.log.  It is
the most comprehensive network diagnostic you can use short of network
monitor and its free on the cd in teh \Support\Toosl dir

BTW its probably a DNS issue

jp

Quote:

> I work for a large corporation with many domains. On one domain we use NT4
> servers. We have started to test win2k pro for client machines. They use
> DHCP for ip addressing. All works fine except: After an hour, or day or
so,
> we are unable to connect to any shares on the network. We can ping by IP
> address and by name but are unable to open any share. We get the error
> "There are currently no no logon servers available to service the logon
> request." The only way so far to resolve it is to relog in on the client
> machines. I beleive this is a problem with the servers but as of now I'm
> searching for answers.

1. There are currently no logon servers available to service the logon request

O.K.

Here is the setup:

I have a Win NT 4 domain setup and running with a DNS Server and a WINS
Server
I have a Win2K domain setup with DDNS

After remembering the /registerdns on the AD Server, we were able to create
a trust between the NT 4 domain and the Win2K domain.  To create the trust I
added an LMHOSTS file on a Win2K pro workstation (that is in the Win2K
domain) with the #DOM tag for the NT 4 domain.

From the Win2K pro workstation I can logon to either domain (NT 4 or Win2K).
When logged on to the NT 4 domain I can resolve the IPs of the servers in
the Win2K domain and vise-versa.

THE PROBLEM:

When I try to administer a server in the opposite domain, I get the error:

    There are currently no logon servers available to service the logon
request.

I have tried adding the Win2K domain name entry in the WINS database, but
still no luck.

Is there a solution available to this problem?

Mark German

2. Problem Installing McAfee DAT file Update

3. Query About Modem Protocols...

4. for Project 2000 to not split a task in 2 parts

5. "There are currently no logon servers available to service the logon request"

6. Best now Verio and IMAP is more tricky

7. "there are currently no logon servers available to service your logon request"

8. There are currently no logon servers available to service the logon request.

9. Help: There are currently no logon servers available to service the logon request

10. There are currently no logon servers available to service the logon request