Anyone installed P4 MB in older system?

Post by Mike Taylo » Fri, 28 Dec 2001 00:47:21

In replacing an older mother board (Abit Bx6) with a new P4 / i845
motherboard in a Win 2000 system, what problems might I expect?

I have already found out that some older 4X APG graphics cards will fry the
new motherboards.  Diamond Viper V770 Rev A, for one.

Mike

}
} I have already found out that some older 4X APG graphics cards will fry the
} new motherboards.  Diamond Viper V770 Rev A, for one.

Beside the 1.5v compatible video card you'll also need a power supply
that's compatible with the ATX 2.03 spec.  They're the same size as
older supplies so you should be able to use the same computer case.

Michael

1. Anyone install Win2K on a Via VPX97 based MB??

I've got an EFA Corp. Viking II motherboard that has a Via VPX97 chipset
on it (http://www.efacorp.com/products/vikingII.htm)...For the life of
me I cannot install Win2K (clean or upgrade) on it. I have tried
numerous times and when Win2K gets to the stage where it scans the
system's devices it locks about halfway through. No matter what I do I
cannot get any further than that. If I try to upgrade to Win2K from
Win98 the same thing happens.

Has anyone had any success with these chipsets/motherboards and Win2K??

--
Kendal

2. No net logon and List of index out of bounds

3. Won't install on system with 8 Mb RAM?

4. Opera.com

5. Integrating install.ins from IEAK into W2k unattended install

6. microsoft money express 2002

7. Ctrl+Ins, Shift+Ins, Shift+cursor

8. New p4 system.

9. Anyone using Iwill ax100plus mb

10. Installing new MB After W2K installed

11. Win2k install on new P4 HP...clean over XP