Limit Admin Term Serv access to one user???

Limit Admin Term Serv access to one user???

Post by Wakeman, Scot » Wed, 19 Apr 2000 04:00:00

Anyone know a way I can limit the default remote administration access (two
admins) down to a single admin instead? We're concered with too many hands
in the same cookie jar...

thanks!

Scott

Limit Admin Term Serv access to one user???

Post by Russ McClellan » Fri, 21 Apr 2000 04:00:00

I think you can only have 2 anyway, so it doesn't seem like you're buying
much.  If you think 2 is too many, consider that if you only have one remote
client, you can still have 2 sessions b/c a user could be logged in
interactively at the terminal itself.

Quote:> Anyone know a way I can limit the default remote administration access
(two
> admins) down to a single admin instead? We're concered with too many hands
> in the same cookie jar...

> thanks!

> Scott

1. Log off Term Serv connection VS Close Term Serv Connection

Hi ,
    I have a colleague you has been told that problems are caused by logging
off  a Term Serv with Active Directory on it.
He persists in closing Term Services and not logging off and therefore not
allowing anyone else into the server due to the 2 connections max.

This happened today and I saw  his PC had "Closed" connections twice ( so I
couldn't get in) ...

Is there anything from MSFT to substantiate this Issue?

At the moment , I have set Session to be reset after one hour of
disconnect....

Thanks in advance for any pointers...

Steve

2. Mainframe Telecom Opportunities

3. Can i switch from Term Serv App Mode to Admin mode?

4. Manual Bind to 2nd "B" Channel???

5. Explorer DOESN'T show after installing Term Serv in Admin mode on Win2k Server....

6. Help with Netscape Mail problem

7. dialed into w2k term serv (metaframe) can't access all servers

8. D Ipl not possible

9. access to local client drives fails when on w2k term serv

10. accessing sound drivers from term.serv. client.

11. Remote Access to Term Serv

12. Term Serv. stays active, Access 2000 mdb error

13. Term Serv Internet Access