CdRom and Audio cd's

Post by T. » Sat, 01 Apr 2000 04:00:00

What app are you using to play the CD?

-T.

Quote:> Anyone have any ideas as to why when i insert an audio cd, it trys to read
> it and then the whole of windows of windows crashes it just freezes totally
> and the only way out is to reset. It is a real headache. i had the probelm
> once with win95 but after a reinstall of the next version, i think it was C,
> it was working fine, that was with a 24 speed, now with win 2k and a 32
> speed dyson, i have the same problem. Anyone have any ideas. Your help is
> appreciated

CdRom and Audio cd's

Post by Philip Kinsle » Sat, 01 Apr 2000 04:00:00

Anyone have any ideas as to why when i insert an audio cd, it trys to read
it and then the whole of windows of windows crashes it just freezes totally
and the only way out is to reset. It is a real headache. i had the probelm
once with win95 but after a reinstall of the next version, i think it was C,
it was working fine, that was with a 24 speed, now with win 2k and a 32
speed dyson, i have the same problem. Anyone have any ideas. Your help is
appreciated

1. CDROM's will autorun, but audio CD's will not autoplay.

On my W2K SP1 system, my audio CD's do not autoplay.  I searched deja
for this problem, but the information I found didn't help me --
everything seems to be set up properly but it still doesn't work.  The
autorun feature works fine on CDROM's, which will autorun when placed
in the drive.  Music CD's, however, do not play automatically.

I checked the file associations, and audio cd's (cda files) are
assigned to "CD Player."  In the "action" window, "play" is in bold.
What am I missing?

Thanks for any help with this,

Larry

2. Game used to run, now Re-boots my System

3. CDROM - Audio CD's Noisy

4. Whoops on the info on the Infinitive A1200

5. CALL FOR PAPERS: data fusion and adaptation - due Feb. 20, 1998

6. HELP: No Audio CD's will play from CDRom drive and CDPLAYER app

7. Printing Large Files with Canon S800

8. "No Data or Audio CD" CD Rom dont detects Audio CDs

9. WIN98 CD Problem - Audio CD and Windows CD's are screwed up!

10. Data CD's and Audio CD's

11. CD rom won't play audio CD's, but will play everything else