stoping a service to a remote server

Post by Michel B » Wed, 11 Dec 2002 05:44:47

Hi,
    I'm looking for a way to close 2 services on a remote server (Win2k adv
server) by a comand line.
I need to shutdown those services before taking a backup and then restart
them after the backup is done. I would like to take the backup from my
"backup server" which is also running on W2k adv server.

PS: net stop/start works perfectly, but only locally

Any idea?

Thanks in advance

Michel B.

stoping a service to a remote server

Post by Michel B » Thu, 12 Dec 2002 04:29:28

problem solved.

Quote:> Hi,