Display Problem with 2000 Server

Post by Ade Thompso » Fri, 22 Mar 2002 10:19:22

Hmm, could be that your set the refresh rate to high, you don't tell us
exactly what happens, if you can put a good monitor onto the system and see
if it works, if so then lower the refresh rate, i.e
Display ->Advanced->monitor.......
Download the monitor driver and do a right mouse click->install, that should
do the trick

Ade Thompson

Quote:> I have a Gateway FPD1500 monitor that I can only use if I
> am in safe mode on 2000 Server.  Monitor Class is missing
> from Hardware Types List and every document on fixing the
> problem says to update the drivers.  Every option to
> update the driver is grayed out so I can't update it.  Is
> there somthing I can do at a command line level, or is
> there anything I can do in the registry?

> Sincerely,

> Frustrated

1. Windows 2000 Server Display Problem

Question:

I am installing windows 2000 server on my laptop.  I
install the software fine and then my screen size becomes
smaller than the extent of my screen.  I cannot stretch
the window or change the resolution.  Am i missing a new
display driver????

PLEASE HELP

I am running this on a toshiba 2805 S202

Pentium III, 700MHz, 256 MB SDRam

Thanks

Jay

2. Wanted: Network card

3. Display memory in Windows 2000 Server

4. Tree Pro 3D modler $350

5. Controlling Multiple Displays under 2000 Pro/Server

6. Hadamard Transform

7. Windows 2000 Server Display?

8. Problem with start menu

9. Locked Workstation/Server (NT/2000/XP) Username Display

10. "account unknown" is displayed when changing the user permissions on a Windows 2000 Server

11. disk space displays wrong in windows 2000 server

12. display Foreign Drive after reinstall Windows 2000 server

13. wins 2000 upgrade display/screen problems