Service Pack Question

Post by Mike » Thu, 30 Aug 2001 03:42:49

Do the same rules apply to Window's 2000 for reapplying service packs that
were Windows NT 4.0 (reapply service pack when install/uninstalling new
services, etc ?)

Thanks

Service Pack Question

Post by Bjorn Landemo » Thu, 30 Aug 2001 04:53:03

Mike

Yes, but you can circumvent it by slipstreaming the latest service pack to
a i386 source directory, and use that instead of your Win2000 CD.

Best regards

Bjorn
--

Microsoft MVP - Windows NT

>Do the same rules apply to Window's 2000 for reapplying service packs that
>were Windows NT 4.0 (reapply service pack when install/uninstalling new
>services, etc ?)

>Thanks

Service Pack Question

Post by Kris Sh » Thu, 30 Aug 2001 19:24:13

On Tue, 28 Aug 2001 21:53:03 +0200, Bjorn Landemoo

>Mike

>Yes, but you can circumvent it by slipstreaming the latest service pack to
>a i386 source directory, and use that instead of your Win2000 CD.

>Best regards

>Bjorn

I was under the impression that 2k only needed to have the service
packs re-applied if files had been copied over from the original CD
(ie after a system file check)

Kris

>Microsoft MVP - Windows NT

>>Do the same rules apply to Window's 2000 for reapplying service packs that
>>were Windows NT 4.0 (reapply service pack when install/uninstalling new
>>services, etc ?)

>>Thanks

Service Pack Question

Post by Bjorn Landemo » Fri, 31 Aug 2001 05:28:35

Kris

Ah, yes, you are correct, see this MS Knowledge Base article:

http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/q289/9/23.asp

Best regards

Bjorn
--

Microsoft MVP - Windows NT

>I was under the impression that 2k only needed to have the service
>packs re-applied if files had been copied over from the original CD
>(ie after a system file check)

>Kris

1. Service Pack Question

Where can I find out when a service pack was applied? I know the registry of HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\CSDVersion\ shows which, but I believe the install date there applies to the O/S install.

Dan Rosenberger
DataCom, Inc.
219.764.2599

2. Reading an XLS file

3. Service Pack question

4. Wanted: Low-Cost Multiplexers

5. SFC, WFP, and Service Pack Question

6. WARP Connect, Netware 3.x/4.x, and attaching to servers

7. Service pack questions

8. Service Pack Question

9. Service pack question

10. service pack question