Changing Device Manager From Read Only Mode to Read and wright

Changing Device Manager From Read Only Mode to Read and wright

Post by Steven Kincanno » Tue, 16 Oct 2001 11:58:38

The Device Manager on My Server is currently set to read only. How can I
change that so I can manage it from another computer using computer
management. terminal services is already installed.
Every time I access the Server from my management client it tells me it is
in read only mode and I cannot disable devices how can I disable devices
remotely from my client computer

--
Thankyou,

Steven Kincannon
Owner, Fast Pc Solutions
http:///www.fastpcsolutions.net
PCC Virtual Student Committee Representative
Sec./Tres. Eastern Carolina Ferret Club
http://www.veryComputer.com/

Visit Us On The Web At:
http://www.*ferrets.net       (Ferrets)
http://www.veryComputer.com/  (Business)
http://www.veryComputer.com/                (Ferrets)
http://www.veryComputer.com/   (Ferrets)

Changing Device Manager From Read Only Mode to Read and wright

Post by Michael Holzeme » Tue, 16 Oct 2001 15:42:16

Is this a domain?

--
Regards,

Mike Holzemer
No email replies please - reply in newsgroup

Quote:> The Device Manager on My Server is currently set to read only. How can I
> change that so I can manage it from another computer using computer
> management. terminal services is already installed.
> Every time I access the Server from my management client it tells me it is
> in read only mode and I cannot disable devices how can I disable devices
> remotely from my client computer

> --
> Thankyou,

> Steven Kincannon
> Owner, Fast Pc Solutions
> http:///www.fastpcsolutions.net
> PCC Virtual Student Committee Representative
> Sec./Tres. Eastern Carolina Ferret Club
> http://www.veryComputer.com/

> Visit Us On The Web At:
> http://www.*ferrets.net       (Ferrets)
> http://www.veryComputer.com/  (Business)
> http://www.veryComputer.com/                (Ferrets)
> http://www.veryComputer.com/   (Ferrets)

Changing Device Manager From Read Only Mode to Read and wright

Post by Steven Kincanno » Tue, 16 Oct 2001 22:41:05

Is this a domain? Nope to the best of my Knowledge I don't remember
installing DNS on this server

--
Thankyou,

Steven Kincannon
Owner, Fast Pc Solutions
http:///www.fastpcsolutions.net
PCC Virtual Student Committee Representative
Sec./Tres. Eastern Carolina Ferret Club
http://www.veryComputer.com/

Visit Us On The Web At:
http://www.*ferrets.net       (Ferrets)
http://www.veryComputer.com/  (Business)
http://www.veryComputer.com/                (Ferrets)
http://www.veryComputer.com/   (Ferrets)

> Is this a domain?

> --
> Regards,

> Mike Holzemer
> No email replies please - reply in newsgroup

> > The Device Manager on My Server is currently set to read only. How can I
> > change that so I can manage it from another computer using computer
> > management. terminal services is already installed.
> > Every time I access the Server from my management client it tells me it
is
> > in read only mode and I cannot disable devices how can I disable devices
> > remotely from my client computer

> > --
> > Thankyou,

> > Steven Kincannon
> > Owner, Fast Pc Solutions
> > http:///www.fastpcsolutions.net
> > PCC Virtual Student Committee Representative
> > Sec./Tres. Eastern Carolina Ferret Club
> > http://www.veryComputer.com/

> > Visit Us On The Web At:
> > http://www.*ferrets.net       (Ferrets)
> > http://www.veryComputer.com/  (Business)
> > http://www.veryComputer.com/                (Ferrets)
> > http://www.veryComputer.com/   (Ferrets)

1. Read-only access to device manager after upgrade

In a test environment, I upgraded two PDC's to Windows 2000 Server w/AD to
simulate our upgrade to Active Directory.  I am in the Enterprise Admin
group.  On one machine, I can only get read-only access in the Device
Manager.  I also get access denied errors when installing DHCP and Network
Monitoring tools.  The other machine works fine.  Both machines started with
identical setups except for the domain.

Has anyone else run into this?  I couldn't find anything in the MS Knowledge
Base.  I've tried Administrator and that has read-only access as well.  I
can modify the registry using regedt32 so I'm assuming the permissions on
the registry are correct.

Ray

2. Exchange License problem

3. Rading Reading and more Reading

4. Error with RSA decryption

5. Read-only but no read-only attributes set!

6. internet access for users

7. Defragment utility reads C drive as read only

8. Seeking backup solution - NOT TAPE!

9. No reading possible although "read access" is defined

10. Read access or Read & Execute?

11. Cannot read read-only file

12. Read from file, read from registry

13. Read only, then not, then read only