Uninstalling Service Pack 3

Post by Jason Smit » Sat, 19 Oct 2002 06:45:35

How do I uninstall service pack three if I did not save
the uninstall info when I updated OR if I currently
purchased a disk that has SP3 as part of the install. I
work for a controls compant that runs Honeywell
proprietary software that absolutly not work with Win 2K
SP3, it will ONLY work with SP2.

Please help.

Thanks,

Jason

Uninstalling Service Pack 3

Post by Michael Lawle » Sat, 19 Oct 2002 07:40:17

If you didn't save SP2 or whatever during the SP3 install, format and
reinstall the version of your choice is the only way out.
Yeah,I know ,but that's the only option.

Quote:> How do I uninstall service pack three if I did not save
> the uninstall info when I updated OR if I currently
> purchased a disk that has SP3 as part of the install. I
> work for a controls compant that runs Honeywell
> proprietary software that absolutly not work with Win 2K
> SP3, it will ONLY work with SP2.

> Please help.

> Thanks,

> Jason

Uninstalling Service Pack 3

Post by rockdrig » Sat, 19 Oct 2002 07:42:13

GO TO CONTROL PANEL,add/remove app's, THERE YOU HAVE TO
LOOK FOR SP3 AND THEN UNINSTALL IT.
BYE.
Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>How do I uninstall service pack three if I did not save
>the uninstall info when I updated OR if I currently
>purchased a disk that has SP3 as part of the install. I
>work for a controls compant that runs Honeywell
>proprietary software that absolutly not work with Win 2K
>SP3, it will ONLY work with SP2.

>Please help.

>Thanks,

>Jason
>.

Uninstalling Service Pack 3

Post by Den » Sun, 20 Oct 2002 07:48:41

One option is to reinstall from the original OS CD using the "Upgrade"
option.  This will put you back to a Pre SP3 status.  Then apply SP2.

Dennis

Quote:> How do I uninstall service pack three if I did not save
> the uninstall info when I updated OR if I currently
> purchased a disk that has SP3 as part of the install. I
> work for a controls compant that runs Honeywell
> proprietary software that absolutly not work with Win 2K
> SP3, it will ONLY work with SP2.

> Please help.

> Thanks,

> Jason

1. Uninstalling service pack 1

Hello,
    I would like to remove service pack one from a machine.  There is no
uninstall folder and the option is gone in the add/remove programs.  Can I
revert back to the release version of windows if I do an upgrade over the
service pack 1 install?  I don't want to have to do a format and reinstall
applications.

Thanks,
Bill

2. Q: flattening hierarchical design

3. How to uninstall service pack 3 on Windows 2000

4. create local user??

5. CANNOT UNINSTALL SERVICE PACK 3. WHY?????????

6. someone put files on my server

7. Uninstall Service Pack files

8. Uninstalling service pack 3

9. Service Pack - Installing components after service pack has already been installed

10. How to properly delete archived service pack uninstall folder??

11. Service Pack 3: Delete the "Uninstall" Folder to Free Up Space?

12. Service Pack 1 Uninstall -- Win2K