formatting the hard drive

Post by Edmund Montuy » Tue, 17 Apr 2001 08:04:07

Can anyone tell me what to do and how to erase and format the Windows 2000
Server running in my computer. I want to erase everything and make a clean
install.

formatting the hard drive

Post by dhsha » Wed, 18 Apr 2001 01:16:21

You can use FDISK to remove the partition and create a new one.  The format
is up to whatever OS you decide to install after that.  Additionally, you
can remove and create partitions using your Windows 2000 installation as
well.  Just don't continue the installation after partitioning.  Linux will
do the same through its own FDISK program.

-ds

Quote:> Can anyone tell me what to do and how to erase and format the Windows 2000
> Server running in my computer. I want to erase everything and make a clean
> install.

1. HELP IN FORMATTING A HARD DRIVE

I HAVE THREE QUESTIONS HERE

1)  I AM RUNNING WINDOWS 2000 SERVER AND I WANT TO FORMAT ALL 4GB SPACE.
HOWEVER, IT ONLY GIVES ME THE 2GB PARTITION INSTEAD OF 4GB. HOW WOULD I USED
ALL 4GB IN ONE PARTITION WHERE I CAN INSTALL MY OPERATING SYSTEM AT THE SAME
TIME I CAN ALSO INSTALL MY MICROSOFT OFFICE AND OTHER APPLICATIONS.

3)  WHAT HAPPEN TO THE OTHER 2GB PARTITION? I

4) CAN YOU ALSO TELL ME HOW TO FORMAT A HARD DRIVE IN WINDOWS 2000?
I ONLY PLACE MY WINDOWS 2000 CD IN THE HARD DRIVE AND  DO A CLEAN INSTALL.
DO I SUPPOSED TO USE A BOOT DISK TO DO A CLEAN INSTALL?

5) WHEN I STALL MY MICROSOFT OFFICE PREMIUM, IT GIVES ME AN ERROR BECAUSE I
DON'T HAVE ENOUGH SPACE.

ANY HELP IS HIGHLY APPRECIATED.

THANKS.

2. Pen table question

3. Cannot format my hard drives...

4. I.D.D.: Where are they?

5. I can't format my hard drive with win2k pro!HELP!

6. List of orders/indexes for a DBServer

7. File format on Hard Drive change from NTFS to Raw on reboot

8. MOBO, CPU, SDRAM and OS/2 v4.........

9. FORMATTING THE HARD DRIVE IN WIN2000.

10. How do you re-format a hard drive configured for NTFS

11. Formatting Second Hard Drive

12. formatting the hard drive with windows 2000 professional

13. I want to format my hard drive with Windows2000 SERVER running.