Computer Browser Service Terminated with Service-Specific Error 2250

Computer Browser Service Terminated with Service-Specific Error 2250

Post by Jason Moc » Fri, 22 Jun 2001 06:17:29

Been getting the error message on a regular basis on one
of our machines.  This machine does have service pack 2
loaded with the newest verison of IE 5.5.  Any
Suggestions?  If you do please email them to

the next week due to a personal trip, so if you could do
that... I'd appreciate it =)

Jason Mock

Network Admin
Mission Research Corporation - Longmire Labs

1. HELP: "The Computer Browser service terminated with service-specific error 2250."

Dear friends:

Some days ago, I posted the following help message to this group, now
I have an extra info to give to somebody that can help me. The
original posting was the following:

"I want to connect, from my Win2kPro computer to others in my network,
but I can see any of them."

"From the other computers, however, I can see my Win2kPro computer
without any problem, and I can connect from them, to its shared
folders too."

"I installed TCP/IP, Netbeui, Netbios and SPX/IPX protocols in the
LAN, the Server and Workstation Services to the LAN."

Now I have this extra info: Looking in the event viewer, I saw the
following error message: "The Computer Browser service terminated with
service-specific error 2250."

Any hint? Please help!!!!!!!!!

Thanks
Juan I. Cahis
Santiago de Chile (South America)

Note: Please forgive me for my bad English, I am trying to improve it!

2. News Groups?

3. The Computer Browser Service Terminated With A Service Specific Message 2250

4. Self-produced FS Pedals

5. the workstation service terminated with service-specific error 2250

6. Pathway problem

7. The Terminal Services Licensing service terminated with service-specific error 3221291009.

8. SNMP agent testers

9. The Routing and Remote Access service terminated with service-specific error 16389.

10. The File Server for Macintosh service terminated with service-specific error 5

11. The Net Logon service terminated with service-specific error 5737

12. HELP: The Net Logon service terminated with service-specific error 3095.

13. Messenger service terminated with service-specific error 2119.