Session counter

Post by John » Fri, 31 Jan 2003 05:33:39

Ok this is a tough one =P. I am looking for a way to reset
the sessionname counter on a W2K terminal server without
rebooting the server. When ever a users logs in the server
incroments the count up by one. Example:

users logs in and they get the verable:

sessionname=rdp-tcp#50 (or ica-tcp#50)(depending on
protocall used obviously)

secound users logs in and gets this variable

sessionname=rdp-tcp#51 (or ica-tcp#51)

now this only resets back to 1 if you reboot the server.
So what I would like to do is reset this counter without
rebooting the server. you know try to get a little closer
to my 5 9's (ya right =P). example:

users logs in and they get the verable:

sessionname=rdp-tcp#50 (or ica-tcp#50)(depending on
protocall used obviously)

secound users logs in after i do a resetand gets this
variable

sessionname=rdp-tcp#1 (or ica-tcp#1)

first person that comes up with the answere..... well will
be the first person that I know of that has ever come up
with the answere. of course if I figure it out that that
will be me =D I willpost here if I figure it out.

1. Session-to-Session Activation with a Session Moniker

The MSDN library article:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/term...
ovr_32uq.asp

looks like what I want to be able to do.

My requirement is establish communications between two Terminal Server
sessions.

In the article it appears that this method "...allows a client process to
start (activate) a local server process on a specified session."

My question is does the phrase "local server process" mean that this method
is restricted to 'this' Terminal Server and can not be use to establish a
communications channel between session that are running on different
terminal servers that belong to the same server farm.

Any help in understanding this woudl be greatly appreciated.

Zach

2. Arrow Keys in VI

3. Sysmonlog (perfmon) counters active counters limit of 63

4. win 98 second edition shutdown exception error

5. Exiting an application through Terminal Sessions does not end the session

6. Codmasters speccy CD

7. sessions up, sessions down

8. Storage options for an NEC SX-5 Supercomputer

9. How can I new a HTTP session instead of resue the existing session using HttpOpenRequest?

10. Active session, no session listed

11. More than on session per user session

12. Application Runs OK In RDP Session, But Not In ICA Session

13. rconsole session from terminal session