Unable to view folder properties

Post by buybathw.. » Tue, 15 Aug 2000 04:00:00

I just rebuilt my computer (formatted the drive) and installed Windows
2000 Server (which I was running before).  After getting everything
reinstalled I can no longer access folder properties.  I have shared
folders and I found this first by trying to get to Sharing, but since
have tried just going to properties and nothing happens except the
explorer window loses focus (title bar goes grey).

Also, in a possibly related (or un-related) note, the WWW Publishing
Service won't run.  It starts and hangs so the service always
says "starting...".  This happens whether it loads automatically or I
start it manually.

Any help would be greatly appreciated (I don't want to have to rebuild
again...)

Thanks,

Don

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

1. Windows 2000 Pro, Unable to view folder properties in explorer

Hi all;
    This is an upgrade from WIN98 to WIN2K PRO, F/S NTFS, Issue is I am unable to
view properties of folders, or harddrives in Explorer or my computer using the
right click or the FILE/PROPERTIES menu command. The same thing with sharing.
Unable to view or enable sharing from the explorer or my computer with the right
click or menu command. Works fine in the MMC snapins. I use this right click to
access properties to set folder attributes such as read only or hidden. Any clues?
Thanks

2. wav to midi conversion software

3. Unable to View Folder and Drive Properties

4. Full screen program via Telnet

5. Unable To View Folder and Drive properties

6. Philips Combo

7. Unable to view drive/folder properties.

8. Unable to View Sahre Or Properties

9. Unable to view Properties Tab

10. unable to view properties

11. unable to view properties in device manager

12. Unable to view printer properties