Task Scheduler : Task could not start

Post by Microsof » Wed, 28 Feb 2001 06:16:08

Strange problem with Windows 2000.  Schedule a task to backup the server.
Task does not start.  Re-entry the password and schedule to the task to
start in two minutes: works everytime.

I'm getting a logon account type failure in the SchedLgU.txt file.  Does
anyone have any ideas?

Task Scheduler : Task could not start

Post by Almazic » Thu, 01 Mar 2001 16:35:12

Service might be Disable check services

Almazick

Quote:> Strange problem with Windows 2000.  Schedule a task to backup the server.
> Task does not start.  Re-entry the password and schedule to the task to
> start in two minutes: works everytime.

> I'm getting a logon account type failure in the SchedLgU.txt file.  Does
> anyone have any ideas?

Task Scheduler : Task could not start

Post by Gary Anderso » Thu, 01 Mar 2001 18:32:53

Thanks but that's not it.

> Service might be Disable check services

> Almazick

> > Strange problem with Windows 2000.  Schedule a task to backup the
server.
> > Task does not start.  Re-entry the password and schedule to the task to
> > start in two minutes: works everytime.

> > I'm getting a logon account type failure in the SchedLgU.txt file.  Does
> > anyone have any ideas?

Task Scheduler : Task could not start

Post by Rich Yavorsk » Sat, 10 Mar 2001 02:59:04

Did you find an answer to this?  I have the same problem... via API, I'm
creating a scheduled task... when it runs (or, I should say, *tries* to run),
my .exe never launches at the specified time, and the following error is in
my schedlgu.txt log:

"Test Task.job" (CALC.EXE) 3/8/2001 11:32:00 AM ** ERROR **
 The attempt to log on to the account associated with the task failed,
therefore, the task did not run.
 The specific error is:
 0x8007054b: The specified domain either does not exist or could not be
contacted.
 Verify that the task's Run-as name and password are valid and try again.

The desired outcome is that I would like this program (create a scheduled
task) to work for every user/account on the system, without having to depend
upon password input.

Thanks,
Rich

> Strange problem with Windows 2000.  Schedule a task to backup the server.
> Task does not start.  Re-entry the password and schedule to the task to
> start in two minutes: works everytime.

> I'm getting a logon account type failure in the SchedLgU.txt file.  Does
> anyone have any ideas?

1. Task Scheduler does not start scheduled tasks!

I have this weird behavior of Task Scheduler on our W2k Application Server.
The server is a Dell PowerEdge 2400 2 CPUs. After a fresh reboot, the Task
Scheduler executes scheduled tasks, that are scheduled to run once every
day. The next day or one of the following days, it just ignores the
scheduled tasks and reschedules them for the following day. The status of
the tasks after that is missed. Interestingly enough, there's no entry in
the Event Viewer nor in the Task Scheduler log. After restarting the Task
Scheduler service, the same behavior repeats itself. I'm using Windows 2000
Advanced Server SP1. The server is running our internal application, which
is a COM+ application and handles part of our Intranet, so it's running IIS
and Crystal Report (not the crystal report web server, just the components.
Using ASP to generate reports)

This is not the only machine with this behavior. My Windows 2000
Professional SP1 Workstation shows the same exact problem. It's a Dell
OptiPlex.

Has anybody experienced the same problem? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Marcel

2. killing a sproc()ed child and waiting for it to die...?

3. Task Scheduler doesn't start task

4. ISDN over RAS?

5. windows 2000 task scheduler not running tasks!

6. Distance limitations

7. Task Scheduler not running tasks

8. Access 97 -Need help

9. Task Scheduler Not Running Tasks

10. Error: Task scheduler will not start Veritas Backup Exec Desktop Pro

11. could not start the Task Scheduler service on local computer

12. Task Scheduler service will not start