SNMP Service does not start

Post by Syed Al » Tue, 22 Oct 2002 18:40:28

Dear All,

Can any one offer a solution of "SNMP Service has Stopped
successfully" event occurs with ID 1003 while manully try
to start the service it shows in error windows

"Could not start the service. The service did not return
an error. It could be windows internal error or internal
service error."

I did not find any MS article.
'll appriciate any reply.

Syed Ali

SNMP Service does not start

Post by Michael Arche » Thu, 24 Oct 2002 09:59:00

Syed

Have you tried un-installing and re-installing SNMP service in Add/Remove
Programs?

Mike

Quote:> Dear All,

> Can any one offer a solution of "SNMP Service has Stopped
> successfully" event occurs with ID 1003 while manully try
> to start the service it shows in error windows

> "Could not start the service. The service did not return
> an error. It could be windows internal error or internal
> service error."

> I did not find any MS article.
> 'll appriciate any reply.

> Syed Ali

SNMP Service does not start

Post by Syed Al » Tue, 29 Oct 2002 20:02:01

Mike,
I did, found same problem, but I change service port from
161 to 165 for snmp it starts but this is only for test MS
does not recommand to change port.

Syed

Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>Syed

>Have you tried un-installing and re-installing SNMP

service in Add/Remove
>Programs?

>Mike

>> Dear All,

>> Can any one offer a solution of "SNMP Service has
Stopped
>> successfully" event occurs with ID 1003 while manully
try
>> to start the service it shows in error windows

>> "Could not start the service. The service did not return
>> an error. It could be windows internal error or internal
>> service error."

>> I did not find any MS article.
>> 'll appriciate any reply.

>> Syed Ali

>.

1. snmp is not working (but snmp service is running and working properly)

Dear Sir

hello

I had configured snmp on windows2000 server. Added
community name,trap contact,location. Checked security tab
also. When ever i try to use snmputilg.exe and give it
error comes

api is indicating an error in snmpmgrrequest()

but when i give ip or reouter or any other computer(snmp
enabled) it fetches details.
my system is runnung both snmp,snmptrap services
succesfully
thnaks in advance

vinod

2. NTBackup - keep catalogs on disk?

3. Regarding STARTING and STOPING of SNMP service

4. pppd can't find DNS

5. PXE MTFTP Service does not start if Terminal Service is not installed

6. PB and Winsock Success!

7. SNMP not starting

8. Clients don't activate Dial-on-Demand

9. Fax Service Problems in W2K (service does not start) Help please!!

10. Services won't start: <Service> is not a valid Win32 application

11. Simple TCP/IP Services service could not start

12. RRAS Service will not start, ID 7024 service-specific error 499

13. SMTPSVC service not started or could not be opened.