how do I format harddisk with win 2000 installed

how do I format harddisk with win 2000 installed

Post by derek heat » Tue, 14 Aug 2001 16:28:42

I need to install win 98 but have win 2000 already
installed. I therefore need to format disc and start again
by putiing Win 98 in first.

How do I clean disk to start again?

Thank you

Post by Bob Willar » Tue, 14 Aug 2001 20:55:16

> I need to install win 98 but have win 2000 already
> installed. I therefore need to format disc and start again
> by putiing Win 98 in first.

> How do I clean disk to start again?

> Thank you

It will probably suffice to run FDISK, then FORMAT.  If that does
not work, then get the utility program from you HD vendor's site
that writes 0s to the HD.  From IBM, either WIPE or ZAP will work;
ZAP is faster, as it only 0s the first ~100 sectors.
--
Cheers, Bob

how do I format harddisk with win 2000 installed

Post by DAD » Wed, 15 Aug 2001 01:13:36

to rid your system of a ntfs partition there is a utility
called "delete partition" do a search on the web. once the
ntfs partition has been removed you must define a new
partition, fdisk is what I use. on a dual boot system
create a "C" and a "D" drive. Finally you then format both
drives or let the os on the install do it for you.

Quote:>-----Original Message-----