adapter not showing under Network and Dial-up Connections

adapter not showing under Network and Dial-up Connections

Post by Mike A » Thu, 05 Apr 2001 16:03:45

My network adapter is not showing under my Network and Dial-up Connections.
The only icon present it 'Make New Connection'.

I am running Win2k Server + cable modem, and have tried two different
adapters - LinkSys 10/100 EtherFast "Designed for Windows 2000" card and SMC
EZ card.  Both work fine, except neither would show up under Connections.  I
have also re-installed Win2k, but it didn't help.

Is there a way to fix that? Can I change something in the registry?
(I need to be able to add a protocol, for example)

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

1. Network and dial-up connections shows no connections

Has anyone ever ran into a situation where the Networking
and Dial-Up connections shows no connections including the
add new connections option.  I have tried re-applying SP3,
advanced settings, etc.  The network card exists in device
manager and I can access network devices and the Internet
but I cannot modify any settings.  Bizarre.  Any help
would be appreciated, please send email to

subject so I can more easily distinguish it from the
garbage I receive daily.  Thanks

2. Newshound and News from care4free

3. Network Adapter shown as Network Adapter #2

4. Looking for a hierarchical list maker with sort

5. Network Adapter Shown as Network Adapter #2

6. Help! Need to set COM speed to 115Kbaud

7. Missing Adapters on "Network and Dial-up Connections"

8. NetBIOS and Windows 3.1/3.0/Novell

9. Network Adapters not showing in Network Properties

10. Network Adapter shown as #2 Adapter Name

11. dial-up adapter connects, demand dial does not

12. Dial-up Connection passwords and hang-ups

13. Network Adapter not shown in Device Manager?