Error 5: Access Denied

Post by Douglas Bryan McFarlan » Sun, 23 Jul 2000 04:00:00

Hi Everybody,

I keep getting the following error when trying to start a Staffware service
under Windows2000 server:

"Could not start the Staffware thg-d7qipt Background service on Local
Computer.

Error 5:  Access is denied"

Has anyone encountered this error before?  If so, any solution?

Bryan McFarland
:(

p.s. - I've tried all the permission/right things that I could try.

Error 5: Access Denied

Post by Greg Lirette [M » Mon, 24 Jul 2000 04:00:00

  A few questions, is this service configured for an account or local
system?  Does the exe for the service reside remote or locally on the
system?  If it is using an account is the account an admin or something
else?

Error 5: Access Denied

Post by Douglas Bryan McFarlan » Mon, 24 Jul 2000 04:00:00

Hi Dude!

The service is configured for an account.  The exe (swpro.exe) resides on
the same system as Windows 2000 Server.  The account is part of
Administrators group.

Bryan McFarland
:(

Quote:>   A few questions, is this service configured for an account or local
> system?  Does the exe for the service reside remote or locally on the
> system?  If it is using an account is the account an admin or something
> else?

Error 5: Access Denied

Post by Douglas Bryan McFarlan » Mon, 24 Jul 2000 04:00:00

Hi dude!

I did switch it to Local System, but it still did NOT start.

Bryan McFarland
:(

Quote:>      This may sound a little silly, but if the service supports this.
Does
> it start ok under the system account?

Error 5: Access Denied

Post by Greg Lirette [M » Tue, 25 Jul 2000 04:00:00

     This may sound a little silly, but if the service supports this.  Does
it start ok under the system account?

Error 5: Access Denied

Post by Greg Lirette [M » Tue, 25 Jul 2000 04:00:00

Ok, I asked because there was a scenario that may have worked one way but
not the other.  Not sure, I will give it some more thought, what does the
services vendor say?

Error 5: Access Denied

Post by Douglas Bryan McFarlan » Tue, 25 Jul 2000 04:00:00

Hi Dude!

They say the usual...We don't support Win2K server yet...However, the tech
guy said that he successfully installed it on two Win2K servers.  Go
figure....

Bryan McFarland
:(

Quote:> Ok, I asked because there was a scenario that may have worked one way but
> not the other.  Not sure, I will give it some more thought, what does the
> services vendor say?

1. remote access connection manager error 20035 access denied

event viewer says:
Remote Access Connection Manager failed to start because it could not create
buffers. Restart the computer. Access is denied.

Also, when i try to start the RRAS sevice i get event 7024:

The Routing and Remote Access service terminated with service-specific error
711.

I saw aa reference to this before, but there was no response or solution.
has anyone else encountered and/or solved this/

thanks,

david

2. Ed Hart, That's enough.

3. error "access denied" in running DCPromo

4. english dictionary

5. MAPI Error "Access denied"

6. ODBC Client Access Express 3.1 VB ADO negative numbers div 10

7. Error 5: Access Denied

8. FS:Apple ][ Software

9. Task Scheduler Service (Error 5, Access Denied)

10. Error messsage: Access Denied, unable to connect

11. deleting files that give error "access denied, file in use"

12. Deny access to computer but NOT Deny access to domain

13. Help: access denied while installing acrobat ALL over- Access denied to all users my documents