TS client unable to login after server rebuild

TS client unable to login after server rebuild

Post by Matt » Fri, 15 Feb 2002 23:46:14

I have had to rebuild a 2k server running TS.  All my
win2k Pro machines can get back in to the TS no problem,
but any OS version below this cannot.  Is there a registry
entry that I can remove on the 98/Me client to allow them
to get reissued a CAL from the TS?

Thanks in advance.

Matt

TS client unable to login after server rebuild

Post by Randy Barger, MCSE, CCNA, CN » Sat, 16 Feb 2002 23:28:04

Where is your licensing server?  Did you reactivate the licenses?

Randy Barger, MCSE, CCNA, CNA

           ConsultIT -- http://ConsultIT.bizhosting.com/

Quote:> I have had to rebuild a 2k server running TS.  All my
> win2k Pro machines can get back in to the TS no problem,
> but any OS version below this cannot.  Is there a registry
> entry that I can remove on the 98/Me client to allow them
> to get reissued a CAL from the TS?

> Thanks in advance.

> Matt

1. Unix Stations unable to connect via Metaframe, TS event = Unable to issue client license

I have seen similar messages in the archives but fixes tend to fall into 2
categories

1- regedit and point to terminal server
2- delete mslicensing key

cant do either on unix :)  On my licensing server I have a 10pack of
licenses installed and the server is activated.  the problem i believe is
that the 10 licenses are all issued .. but .. they were all issued back in
march, 8 of the 10 pc's that have "licenses" issued to them no longer exist
.. how do i "reset" the TS licensing server to reissue those licenses to the
next 10 clients that connect ?

2. poor man's bold font in CJK package

3. Unable to install Exchange and SQL Server via TS client

4. ?scavenging a 520ste

5. Unable to login to Windows 2000 Server via VPN Client

6. Setting Up DNS small Domain

7. Unable to relegate BDC after server rebuild

8. Question about running Pro/E on NT and UNIX

9. Installing TS Client on TS Server

10. Hide Ts server in ts client window

11. TS client users can now restart/shutdown TS server

12. W2k TS client, how bout W2k TS server

13. moving files to a TS Client for a TS Server