Long time to login

Post by Michael Wolf » Thu, 15 Jun 2000 04:00:00

When I login from a W2K Pro workstation into our domain it takes about 5-10
minutes to actually get into the desktop.  The message "applying personal
settings..." sticks for that long.  The strange thing is it happens on
mutiple W2K workstations and that login works fine if we shut down the
domain controller.  Any ideas?

Long time to login

Post by Stuar » Fri, 16 Jun 2000 04:00:00

Do you have roaming profiles? How big are they?

Stuart

Quote:> When I login from a W2K Pro workstation into our domain it takes about
5-10
> minutes to actually get into the desktop.  The message "applying personal
> settings..." sticks for that long.  The strange thing is it happens on
> mutiple W2K workstations and that login works fine if we shut down the
> domain controller.  Any ideas?

Long time to login

Post by Michael Wolf » Fri, 16 Jun 2000 04:00:00

No, no roaming profiles.  We are using Active Directory and in user
properties the user profile and home folder is all blank and the local path
radio button is selected, which I assume is default.

1. It takes long time to login

We recently moved form Win NT to Win2K , our main Dc at
corp. office and we have GC , when i moved all workstation
form win NT to win2k some time when user login it take
long time to apply computer settings and personal settings
but some time its Ok. any help will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance

sudheer

2. Colors in term mode

3. Windows XP takes long time to login to WIN2000 Server

4. dviwin: cannot generate missing fonts

5. Take a long time to login in W2K

6. Building sendmail 8.9.0 on linux 2.0.27

7. Clients takes long time to login

8. Adding Additional Transport Layer for RPC On Win2k/NT4.0

9. WIN200 take long-time after login my name

10. long time for login script to complete

11. Extremely long login time

12. Long Login TImes

13. Long login times for Domain