Any way to delete items from the recycle bin?

Any way to delete items from the recycle bin?

Post by Alain Dekke » Sat, 13 Jan 2001 17:44:43

Is it possible to delete items from the recycle bin from the command prompt?
I would like to be able to do this in W2K and Windows95, if possible.

Thanks
Alain

Any way to delete items from the recycle bin?

Post by Rob Kenned » Sun, 14 Jan 2001 03:18:19

Quote:> Is it possible to delete items from the recycle bin from the command
prompt?
> I would like to be able to do this in W2K and Windows95, if possible.

In the hidden directory \RECYCLER, there should be a number of other hidden
folders. Change to the one with your SID. (If you're the only user, it's
probably the one with "-1000" at the end. "-500" is Admin.) There you should
see a list of files. They do not have meaningful names, only file
extensions. You can delete them from the Windows 2000 command prompt. I
can't verify compatibility with other Windows versions.

--Rob

Any way to delete items from the recycle bin?

Post by Marty Lis » Sun, 14 Jan 2001 04:48:10

Do you want to delete specific items, or empty the entire recycle bin?

Quote:> Is it possible to delete items from the recycle bin from the command
prompt?
> I would like to be able to do this in W2K and Windows95, if possible.

> Thanks
> Alain

Any way to delete items from the recycle bin?

Post by Tobi » Sun, 14 Jan 2001 05:05:25

In Win95,
del c:\recycled\*.*
Tobie Arfstrom