APC Back-UPS Pro 350 problems with USB / Win2k

APC Back-UPS Pro 350 problems with USB / Win2k

Post by Sean McGrat » Wed, 01 Mar 2000 04:00:00

I bought the APC Back-UPS Pro 350, Win2k immediately recognized it and setup
it's power management control panel for it.  AWESOME!

Trouble is, everytime I reboot, Win2k doesn't remember to load it in.  I
have to either manual refresh the device list or unplug the USB cable and
plug it back in for WIn2k to load the device in the Device manager (and thus
the software).

Any idea why this is doing this?

--
____
Sean McGrath, RN, BSN, CCRN

My ICQ # is 7466420.
.....Nurses heal the world......

Post by Sean McGrat » Sat, 04 Mar 2000 04:00:00

I bought the APC Back-UPS Pro 350, Win2k immediately recognized it and setup
it's power management control panel for it.  AWESOME!

Trouble is, everytime I reboot, Win2k doesn't remember to load it in.  I
have to either manual refresh the device list or unplug the USB cable and
plug it back in for WIn2k to load the device in the Device manager (and thus
the software).

Any idea why this is doing this?  I have an AL440LX motherboard, with 533mhz
Celeron and 384 megs of ram.

--
____
Sean McGrath, RN, BSN, CCRN

My ICQ # is 7466420.
.....Nurses heal the world......

APC Back-UPS Pro 350 problems with USB / Win2k

Post by Allan Thompso » Sat, 04 Mar 2000 04:00:00

Sean,

since this item was on sale at BestBuy I looked into it myself for a Win2k
system.  I thought the information on the APC website was ambiguous
regrading it's functionality under Win2k so I called them and their tech
support told me the USB interface is not yet supported under Win2k but that
they are writing a driver for it.  They couldn't give a release date for the
driver.

> I bought the APC Back-UPS Pro 350, Win2k immediately recognized it and
setup
> it's power management control panel for it.  AWESOME!

> Trouble is, everytime I reboot, Win2k doesn't remember to load it in.  I
> have to either manual refresh the device list or unplug the USB cable and
> plug it back in for WIn2k to load the device in the Device manager (and
thus
> the software).

> Any idea why this is doing this?  I have an AL440LX motherboard, with
533mhz
> Celeron and 384 megs of ram.

> --
> ____
> Sean McGrath, RN, BSN, CCRN

> My ICQ # is 7466420.
> .....Nurses heal the world......

APC Back-UPS Pro 350 problems with USB / Win2k

Post by Lauren » Sat, 04 Mar 2000 04:00:00

My Back UPS Pro 350 USB works really well under Win 2K as I can check the
battery level in the Power Control Panel, and also trigger alarms when power
is off and battery goes under certain levels.

The only time it did not start working right after reboot was because of
another USB device that was not recognized yet by W2K.

Sean, do you have anything else plugged to the USB bus at the same time?

> Sean,

> since this item was on sale at BestBuy I looked into it myself for a Win2k
> system.  I thought the information on the APC website was ambiguous
> regrading it's functionality under Win2k so I called them and their tech
> support told me the USB interface is not yet supported under Win2k but
that
> they are writing a driver for it.  They couldn't give a release date for
the
> driver.

> > I bought the APC Back-UPS Pro 350, Win2k immediately recognized it and
> setup
> > it's power management control panel for it.  AWESOME!

> > Trouble is, everytime I reboot, Win2k doesn't remember to load it in.  I
> > have to either manual refresh the device list or unplug the USB cable
and
> > plug it back in for WIn2k to load the device in the Device manager (and
> thus
> > the software).

> > Any idea why this is doing this?  I have an AL440LX motherboard, with
> 533mhz
> > Celeron and 384 megs of ram.

> > --
> > ____
> > Sean McGrath, RN, BSN, CCRN

> > My ICQ # is 7466420.
> > .....Nurses heal the world......

APC Back-UPS Pro 350 problems with USB / Win2k

Post by Seamu » Sun, 05 Mar 2000 04:00:00

It works fine for me as well and I connecting it through the USB hub in my
Diamond Pro 2020u Monitor. Wish I could offer more.

> My Back UPS Pro 350 USB works really well under Win 2K as I can check the
> battery level in the Power Control Panel, and also trigger alarms when
power
> is off and battery goes under certain levels.

> The only time it did not start working right after reboot was because of
> another USB device that was not recognized yet by W2K.

> Sean, do you have anything else plugged to the USB bus at the same time?

> > Sean,

> > since this item was on sale at BestBuy I looked into it myself for a
Win2k
> > system.  I thought the information on the APC website was ambiguous
> > regrading it's functionality under Win2k so I called them and their tech
> > support told me the USB interface is not yet supported under Win2k but
> that
> > they are writing a driver for it.  They couldn't give a release date for
> the
> > driver.

> > > I bought the APC Back-UPS Pro 350, Win2k immediately recognized it and
> > setup
> > > it's power management control panel for it.  AWESOME!

> > > Trouble is, everytime I reboot, Win2k doesn't remember to load it in.
> > > have to either manual refresh the device list or unplug the USB cable
> and
> > > plug it back in for WIn2k to load the device in the Device manager
(and
> > thus
> > > the software).

> > > Any idea why this is doing this?  I have an AL440LX motherboard, with
> > 533mhz
> > > Celeron and 384 megs of ram.

> > > --
> > > ____
> > > Sean McGrath, RN, BSN, CCRN

> > > My ICQ # is 7466420.
> > > .....Nurses heal the world......

1. APC Back UPS-Pro 350 (USB) under Win2k ...

Anyone have this APC UPS system, the UPS-Pro 350?

Works great except Win2k won't recognize it immediately.  I always have to
remove the USB cable, then plug it back in for Win2k to recognize it and
automatically load the UPS power software (built into Win2k - nice!)

Any ideas on this?

2. SBS User count

3. Problem APC USB Back-UPS CS 500VA with Windows 200

4. Memory fault

5. APC Back-Ups 500va

6. newbie optimization question

7. APC Back-UPS help

8. HCCS Vision podule (Digitiser)

9. Problem with APC USB Backup-UPS CS 500VA with Windows 2000

10. APC - UPS - USB - Soyo

11. APC Backup-Pro UPS 500

12. WIN2K and SE440BX-2 with PII-350

13. PEAP on Win2k w/ Aironet 350 card