Can I access a VPN thru an ICS connection?

Can I access a VPN thru an ICS connection?

Post by Stev » Thu, 04 May 2000 04:00:00

I have a 4 machine network using Win2K Pro as the connected machine to the
cable modem.

It is also part of a peer network where one of the machines is now used to
dialup to a VPN account with the typical gateway and DNS settings in the
dialup networking configuration (Windows 95).

Since ICS uses proxy service for the shared connections, can I configure
this Win95 machine to access the VPN thru the cable connection?

Help!!

Thanks.

Can I access a VPN thru an ICS connection?

Post by Lee In L » Tue, 09 May 2000 04:00:00

steve

I have a similar setup...I used win98(win95 should be the same) and just set
up the vpn dial-up as I would if there were no ics. I guess ip routing takes
care of everything for you. hope everything works for you.

lee

Quote:> I have a 4 machine network using Win2K Pro as the connected machine to the