Can't copy cdrom.sys

Post by Greg » Sun, 23 Mar 2003 03:48:18

When I try to upgrade from Windows 98 to 2000
Professional, I get this message.  It occurs during the
copy files process.  I've tried modifying config.sys as
suggested in Knowledgebase, but same error.. Help.

Can't copy cdrom.sys

Post by Rabid_Roac » Sun, 23 Mar 2003 04:35:39

I have seen errors like this a lot. (differnet file names each time)
Useally it happens if the memory is either bad or going.
Try swapping the memory out and see if the error disappears.

Quote:> When I try to upgrade from Windows 98 to 2000
> Professional, I get this message.  It occurs during the
> copy files process.  I've tried modifying config.sys as
> suggested in Knowledgebase, but same error.. Help.

Can't copy cdrom.sys

Post by Keda Wan » Sun, 23 Mar 2003 07:08:40

Yes, usually this is due to bad memory.

-Keda

1. Installing flat copy of Win2k from directory, get "cdrom.sys" not copied.

I am trying to do a clean install of Win2k from a fat32 partition to another
fat32 partition using a Win95 boot disk and smartdrv.  After boot change
directory to the i386 directory  and run winnt.  All goes well until the
setup tries to copy cdrom.sys.  This stop has happened to me using
NT4/Win2kpro/Win2kAS.  Every once in a while doing this procedure it will
work perfectly.  What gives?  Am I loosing it?  Please, some insight would
be seriously appreciated?

--
Robert Gardner

2. properties page will not open in rras console

3. Wont Copy CDrom.sys during set up.

4. What is the SOP Class for CTA and CT 3D reconstruction images?

5. Catch-22 unsigned cdrom.sys means no CD from which to do repair

6. Backing up specific registry files

7. setup error cdrom.sys is missing

8. Win32k.sys doesn't copy during install

9. logo.sys & logow.sys don't work in XP

10. Logo.sys Logow.sys Logos.sys

11. Unable to locate Openhci.sys, Usbd.sys, and Usbhub.sys on Microsoft web site?

12. location of Usbd.sys, Usbhub.sys, and Openhci.sys on Microsoft web site?