Need to change permissions for over 100 home directories

Need to change permissions for over 100 home directories

Post by Jon Bonne » Sat, 24 Feb 2001 01:19:17

I need to change the permissions for over 100 of our students' home
directories. I don't want to replace the permissions, but rather I'd like to
grant a principal read-only access, and add that to the existing
permissions.

Obviously I'd like to avoid doing this manually for each home directory, so
I was wondering if there was a way I could batch, script, or somehow
automate the process?

Jon Bonner
Technology Coordinator/Assistant Basketball Coach
Eureka School District 44-1