Re : Clients auto logout after a period of idle time

Re : Clients auto logout after a period of idle time

Post by Kennet » Thu, 22 Nov 2001 12:07:26

Our clients are all using Windows 98. We are using Windows
2000 Server as DC. Our client's computers can't connect to
server network drive after a period of idle time. They
can't relogin unless reboot the computer. Can anyone help
me to solve the problem?

Post by Kennet » Thu, 22 Nov 2001 12:07:25

Our clients are all using Windows 98. We are using Windows
2000 Server as DC. Our client's computers can't connect to
server network drive after a period of idle time. They
can't relogin unless reboot the computer. Can anyone help
me to solve the problem?

Re : Clients auto logout after a period of idle time

Post by Willia » Thu, 22 Nov 2001 13:51:38

If you post a few more times you win the special prize.

Quote:> Our clients are all using Windows 98. We are using Windows
> 2000 Server as DC. Our client's computers can't connect to
> server network drive after a period of idle time. They
> can't relogin unless reboot the computer. Can anyone help
> me to solve the problem?

Re : Clients auto logout after a period of idle time

Post by mark » Thu, 22 Nov 2001 14:21:33

LOL :)
> [...]

Post by mark » Thu, 22 Nov 2001 14:21:28

LOL :)
> [...]

Post by JY Doyo » Thu, 22 Nov 2001 22:44:50

Try this:
On your DC go to Administrative tools\Domain Security Policy\Security
Options. Ther are 2 policies, 1 called "Amount of idle time required before
disconnecting session" and the 2nd one called "Automatically log off users
when logon time expires". The settings you ahve there may be the cause. Try
Disabling that 2nd policy.

Hope this helps