VPN - A VPN server requires that one connection be used as the private network connection

VPN - A VPN server requires that one connection be used as the private network connection

Post by Christopher Irelan » Sun, 31 Mar 2002 03:07:46

Hi,

Quick question about configuring a VPN server - when I get to "Specify the
Internet connection that this server uses" I have two choices:
1. <No Internet Connection>
2. Local Area Conection
When I choose the second the wizard tells me "You have chosen the last
available connection as the internet connection.  A VPN server requires that
one connection be used as the private network connection.". In the Windows
2000 Advanced Server Help under the topic "Common Configuration for the VPN
Server" it says:

Quote:>1. Install hardware in the VPN server
>The network adapter that is used to connect to the intranet segment and the

WAN adapter that is used to connect to the Internet are installed according
to the >adapter manufacturer's instructions. Once drivers are installed and
functioning, both adapters appeared as local area connections in the Network
and Dial-up >Connections folder.
Does this mean I have to install another NIC? If so, how do I configure it?
The NIC I have installed interfaces with my 3Com OfficeConnect Remote 812
ADSL Router out to the Internet ...

Any help gratefully received.

Thank you.

Chris.

1. Server to Server VPN (both sides using dial-up modem internet connection) ?

We have two Win2K Advanced Server's in the different countries.
(SERVER_A and SERVER_B  (both configured as a DC)

I want to Map the SERVER_B 's data drive from SERVER_A  over the internet.

Can i do this with VPN ?
(i need the detailed information, hardware / software solutions. vpn or
other method ?)
i've download the "configuring a vpn solution" document from microsoft and
examining at this time..

And the last question:  can i establish vpn  with dial-up modem internet
connection (on both servers) ?
(network speed is unimportant at this time)

Note: excuse me for my bad english :(

Thanx, regards...

2. Art Interface Device

3. VPN clients unable to communicate through server VPN connection

4. sign in help

5. vpn problem: connection works in network and dialup connections but NOT in routing and remote access

6. Windows experts: Help, please, with email synch error.

7. Setup VPN when only having one network connection?

8. Concatenation of text files?

9. Problem with more than one connection to my VPN server.

10. How to add VPN interface(Virtual Private Connection) to Routing and Romote Access?

11. Problem using rsh via VPN connection using RRAS

12. VPN PPTP client requires numerous redials to make a good connection.