There are currently no logon servers available to service the logon request.

There are currently no logon servers available to service the logon request.

Post by prites.. » Sat, 29 Apr 2000 04:00:00

Any ideas about this.

I try to map a drive from a windows pro to shared drive on the domain

thanks

There are currently no logon servers available to service the logon request.

Post by Steve Jud » Sat, 29 Apr 2000 04:00:00

This means the workstation could not find any domain controllers for the
destination domain.

> Any ideas about this.

> I try to map a drive from a windows pro to shared drive on the domain

> thanks

1. There are currently no logon servers available to service the logon request

O.K.

Here is the setup:

I have a Win NT 4 domain setup and running with a DNS Server and a WINS
Server
I have a Win2K domain setup with DDNS

After remembering the /registerdns on the AD Server, we were able to create
a trust between the NT 4 domain and the Win2K domain.  To create the trust I
added an LMHOSTS file on a Win2K pro workstation (that is in the Win2K
domain) with the #DOM tag for the NT 4 domain.

From the Win2K pro workstation I can logon to either domain (NT 4 or Win2K).
When logged on to the NT 4 domain I can resolve the IPs of the servers in
the Win2K domain and vise-versa.

THE PROBLEM:

When I try to administer a server in the opposite domain, I get the error:

    There are currently no logon servers available to service the logon
request.

I have tried adding the Win2K domain name entry in the WINS database, but
still no luck.

Is there a solution available to this problem?

Mark German

2. complexity theory/computability

3. FA More BBC stuff

4. There are currently no no logon servers available to service the logon request

5. Buffer overflows in cisco software ?

6. There are currently no logon servers available to service the logon request

7. Multiple recipients with virtusertable

8. "There are currently no logon servers available to service the logon request"

9. "there are currently no logon servers available to service your logon request"

10. Help: There are currently no logon servers available to service the logon request

11. There are currently no logon servers available to service the logon request