Fax Service Problems in W2K (service does not start) Help please!!

Post by Martin Jean-Charl » Thu, 07 Mar 2002 01:08:13

I have installed Windows 2000 Server a few months ago. Everything was
working fine, until yesterday. Suddenly, fax service has stopped. From
that moment i couldnt start it again.
When i try to start de Fax Service appear the next message:

Could not start the Fax Service service on Local Computer.
Error 1067: The processs terminated unexpectedly

The error logged in Event Viewer is:
Event Type:     Error
Event Source:   Service Control Manager
Event Category: None
Event ID:       7031
Date:           03/05/2002
Time:           2:23:22 AM
User:           N/A
Computer:       SERVER
The Fax Service service terminated unexpectedly.  It has
done this 5 time(s).  The following corrective action will
be taken in 0 milliseconds: No action.

I didnt install any software. Today i have applied SP2 on the server
and I have restarted the computer and i continue with the same
problem.... can anybody help me??????

1. PXE MTFTP Service does not start if Terminal Service is not installed

I have a question regarding Windows 2000 Terminal Services. I did not install
Terminal Service during installation, and after reboot I installed Intel's PXE
PDK, a utility to remote boot diskless clients. this utility has two services
installed, called Intel PXE Service and Intel PXE MTFTP Service (similar to TFTP
Service, the only difference is that it does multicast, hence the name MTFTP).
Upon reboot, only PXE Service started, whereas PXE MTFTP service was forced to
stop by some unknown source.
When I installed Terminal Service, PXE MTFTP Service was started successfully,
even after rebooting for 10 times. What could make this happen?
The error found in Event Viewer was :

Error: PXEServices

The description for Event ID(1) in source (PXE Services) cannot be found. The
local computer may not have the necessary registry or message DLL files to
display messages from a remote computer. The following information is part of the
event :-
PXEMTFTP: Unable to bind to socket on multicast port 57094, Error = 0x2740.

Please help as I could not find a technical explanation to this. Thanks a lot.

2. Vx or Compaq 1550 - Palm OS or Pocket PC?

3. DHCP Server Service will not start. Please help

4. What's up with Enerlogic?

5. Service could not start, Please help

6. Task bar icons trashed, text a bit fuzzy

7. W2K Fax Service Not Running / Not There

8. queueing message with sendmail

9. Please Help ! (Fax Services in Win2K PRO)

10. Fax Service Will Not Start

11. Fax Service does not start

12. Services won't start: <Service> is not a valid Win32 application

13. Help Please! Fax Service Management Console - Access denied