Windows 2000 Pro, Unable to view folder properties in explorer

Windows 2000 Pro, Unable to view folder properties in explorer

Post by James Raaymaker » Sat, 17 Mar 2001 03:23:16

Hi all;
    This is an upgrade from WIN98 to WIN2K PRO, F/S NTFS, Issue is I am unable to
view properties of folders, or harddrives in Explorer or my computer using the
right click or the FILE/PROPERTIES menu command. The same thing with sharing.
Unable to view or enable sharing from the explorer or my computer with the right
click or menu command. Works fine in the MMC snapins. I use this right click to
access properties to set folder attributes such as read only or hidden. Any clues?
Thanks

Windows 2000 Pro, Unable to view folder properties in explorer

Post by Jeff O'Brie » Sat, 24 Mar 2001 10:01:50

Exact same problem I am having. Please post if you figure it out, I will do
the same!

jeff.

Hi all;
    This is an upgrade from WIN98 to WIN2K PRO, F/S NTFS, Issue is I am
unable to
view properties of folders, or harddrives in Explorer or my computer using
the
right click or the FILE/PROPERTIES menu command. The same thing with
sharing.
Unable to view or enable sharing from the explorer or my computer with the
right
click or menu command. Works fine in the MMC snapins. I use this right click
access properties to set folder attributes such as read only or hidden. Any
clues?
Thanks

1. Can't View Folder Properties In Windows Explorer

Am running Windows 2000 Professional with SP2 installed.
In Windows Explorer, I can't view the properties of any
single folders or drives.  However, if I select a single
file, or else more than one folder, I can view properties.

I searched Microsoft Knowledgebase and found nothing.
Does anyone have a fix (other than reinstall)?

2. Details on Sun's MAJC chip?

3. Windows 2000 server Folder properties/sharing viewing problem

4. roving profiles

5. Windows 2000 SP3 Annoyance-Windows Explorer Folder views

6. Problem deleting files from CF Card with iPaq

7. Windows 2000 SP3 Annoyance-Windows Explorer folder views

8. How Can I Share a Modem b/w Several Programs?

9. Unable to View Folder and Drive Properties

10. Unable To View Folder and Drive properties

11. Unable to view folder properties

12. Unable to view drive/folder properties.

13. How to remove folder view from windows explorer right hand window