Terminal Service

Post by ppp19 » Thu, 08 May 2003 19:21:15

Dear All
   When I install Terminal Services in remote administration mode on one of
my
 machines the service does not start and it is not listed in the services
 applet.  Everything else seems to install properly and there are also no
 events in the event viewer indicating a problem.   Any ideas?

Terminal Service

Post by ppp19 » Thu, 08 May 2003 19:21:41

Dear sir
  I cannot install Terminal service on Win2K server. I can install completed
and no error message but I cannot found Termsrv.exe in Service. I test it by
use terminal client connect it show "The client could not connect to the
Terminal server. The server may be too busy. Please try connection later"
  I reinstall Terminal service and apply service pack 3 a lot of time but
still found the same problem. How can I fix it ?
             thank you so much

Terminal Service

Post by mojo » Fri, 09 May 2003 07:58:27

Are you trying to access TS from inside or outside?
Sounds like port mapping or Firewall issues.  Can the
client ping the TS server?

Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>Dear sir
>  I cannot install Terminal service on Win2K server. I

can install completed
Quote:>and no error message but I cannot found Termsrv.exe in

Service. I test it by
Quote:>use terminal client connect it show "The client could not
connect to the
>Terminal server. The server may be too busy. Please try
connection later"
>  I reinstall Terminal service and apply service pack 3 a
lot of time but
>still found the same problem. How can I fix it ?
>             thank you so much

>.

Terminal Service

Post by ppp19 » Fri, 09 May 2003 19:49:44

I have just finished an inplace upgrade of Windows NT to 2000. I have tried
to install the TS in Admin mode, but the TS service is not showing up in the
services control panel, and clients obviously can not connect.

The new 2000 server's TS manager has a red line through its server name.

We have other servers running TS Admin, and they are working fine. Their TS
manger sees all other TS servers except the new one.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled TS.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

Quote:> Are you trying to access TS from inside or outside?
> Sounds like port mapping or Firewall issues.  Can the
> client ping the TS server?

Terminal Service

Post by Raj » Sat, 10 May 2003 19:40:47

This indicates that your terminal server in not
installed, did you try configuring the terminal server
after configuring the server for DC, AD etc.....please
complete these step i.e make it a domain controller,
configure Active Directory and then try configuring
Terminal Server, important thing do not forget to
configure and device to accept incoming call else the
server will not be active.
Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>Dear All
>   When I install Terminal Services in remote

administration mode on one of
Quote:>my
> machines the service does not start and it is not

listed in the services
Quote:> applet.  Everything else seems to install properly and