UPS multiple system shutdown

Post by Todd Hobde » Wed, 04 Apr 2001 09:56:00

I've got around 40-some-odd NT/2000 servers in our data center.  I've tried
executing a batch file of "shutdown" commands, but it takes way too long for
each one to execute and only 50% of them are even successful.  By the time
it gets about 3/4 of the way down the list, the UPS is dead.

Is anyone else using something they'd recommend for this kind of thing?  We
have PK Electronics UPSs with a crappy program called SmartMon that monitors
them.

UPS multiple system shutdown

Post by o Scott » Wed, 04 Apr 2001 10:37:29

Maybe PsShutdown fits the bill:
http://www.sysinternals.com/ntw2k/freeware/psshutdown.shtml

--
Scott

The email address provided is valid but will be abandoned eventually.
Smilies may be absent.  Figure it out.

Quote:> I've got around 40-some-odd NT/2000 servers in our data center.  I've tried
> executing a batch file of "shutdown" commands, but it takes way too long for
> each one to execute and only 50% of them are even successful.  By the time
> it gets about 3/4 of the way down the list, the UPS is dead.

> Is anyone else using something they'd recommend for this kind of thing?  We
> have PK Electronics UPSs with a crappy program called SmartMon that monitors
> them.

1. Multiple OS on multiple disks on same system?

Install 98 on your C drive then run Win 2k setup from within 98 and direct
the install to your D drive (or the correct letter representing your second
drive). The install of Win 2k detects the Win98 install and sets up your
boot menu automatically.
It is easiest to install 98 then Win2k. If Win2k is installed first, it is
more involved getting the boot menu setup properly.

hth
jo MCP

2. Structured Storage

3. UPS shutdown

4. CASIO/BOSS SF-8000

5. Belkin AVR-500VA UPS questions and Win2000 shutdown problems

6. compile and link on SGI

7. Shutdown with ups

8. Need to get data from IBM 9-track tape

9. Automatic Shutdown at system shutdown...

10. NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM causes my system to shutdown

11. Good UPS system

12. system lock ups

13. UPS Shuts Down System with No Autoreboot when Power Restored