Hard Drive Light?

Post by Shrin » Wed, 01 Mar 2000 04:00:00

Me too - if I boot into win98 it only comes on during disk access.  Strange
stuff but I have never figured out why.  If one of the cdroms is removed
from an ide cable, the light goes off and lights only when the disk is
accessed.

--
Stephen White
The poster previously known as Shrink

Remove *freud* from email to reply :-)

Quote:> Hi All, (Help)

>  Win200 Keeps my HD light on all the time, But not allways using the HD>?

> AMD-K6-3 600mhz 512mb Ram,

> Cheers Guys.

Hard Drive Light?

Post by Chris B » Wed, 01 Mar 2000 04:00:00

There is another "thread" in this newsgroup that discusses this problem.  Do
a search on "Hard Drive Light"

> Me too - if I boot into win98 it only comes on during disk access.
Strange
> stuff but I have never figured out why.  If one of the cdroms is removed
> from an ide cable, the light goes off and lights only when the disk is
> accessed.

> --
> Stephen White
> The poster previously known as Shrink
> "92% of the things we worry about don't happen - but 8% DO"

> Remove *freud* from email to reply :-)

> > Hi All, (Help)

> >  Win200 Keeps my HD light on all the time, But not allways using the
HD>?

> > AMD-K6-3 600mhz 512mb Ram,

> > Cheers Guys.

Hard Drive Light?

Post by Adam » Thu, 02 Mar 2000 04:00:00

Hi All, (Help)

 Win200 Keeps my HD light on all the time, But not allways using the HD>?

AMD-K6-3 600mhz 512mb Ram,

Cheers Guys.

Hard Drive Light?

Post by Greg Moye » Fri, 03 Mar 2000 04:00:00

Do you have the Creative Labs CD-RW 4224 installed?  I believe this drive is in
need of a bios update.

> Me too - if I boot into win98 it only comes on during disk access.  Strange
> stuff but I have never figured out why.  If one of the cdroms is removed
> from an ide cable, the light goes off and lights only when the disk is
> accessed.

> --
> Stephen White
> The poster previously known as Shrink
> "92% of the things we worry about don't happen - but 8% DO"

> Remove *freud* from email to reply :-)

> > Hi All, (Help)

> >  Win200 Keeps my HD light on all the time, But not allways using the HD>?

> > AMD-K6-3 600mhz 512mb Ram,

> > Cheers Guys.

Hard Drive Light?

Post by Shrin » Sat, 04 Mar 2000 04:00:00

Hi Greg - sure do.  However, I have the latest bios - 1.36.  Do you know of
a newer one?

--
Stephen White
The poster previously known as Shrink
"92% of the things we worry about don't happen - but 8% DO"

Remove *freud* from email to reply :-)

Hard Drive Light?

Post by Tek » Sun, 05 Mar 2000 04:00:00

I've got the same drive and having the same problem!  If I remove the drive,
magic, the HD led works fine.

How can I verify the bios version you guys are talking about?

--
-Tek
If replying to this email...

Quote:> Hi Greg - sure do.  However, I have the latest bios - 1.36.  Do you know
of