Internet Connection Sharing: Client permanently requests Build-up of Internet Connection

Internet Connection Sharing: Client permanently requests Build-up of Internet Connection

Post by Thomas Wah » Fri, 12 Jan 2001 19:34:05

Hello,

I have Internet Connection Sharing (ICS) enabled on my Win98SE PC (so called
"Host") which is connected via a 100 MBit Lan to a Win 2000 Prof PC (so
called "Client") from where I want to use the ICS.

The ICS works fine, but what I observe is that my Host is frequently (every
few minutes) being connected to the Internet due to corresponding requests
of the client. The only way to get rid of this problem is to disable ICS
manually on the Host unless it is definitely required to be used by the
Client.

Anybody out there who is able to help.

Best Regards

    Th. Wahl

1. Internet Connection Sharing - How to Have Client Drop the Connection

Win2KPro has a dial-up connection to the Internet, and I have enabled
Internet Connection Sharing. This PC is networked to another running
NT 4.0 Workstation. The networking protocol was originally NetBEUI,
but I added TCP/IP with "Obtain an IP address from a DHCP server" to
the NT 4.0 PC to enable modem sharing.

I can start the modem dialling by launching IE from the NT 4.0 client,
and it browses the Web OK, but no icon appears in its system tray for
DUN monitor. How can I drop the Internet connection from the NT 4.0
client?

Cheers,
Link

2. Sonic firewall won't VPN correctly

3. Internet connection sharing - insistent dial-ups

4. 430Mb SCSI HD 4 Sale

5. Help respectfully requested: Intermittent failure of Internet Connection Sharing

6. Panasonic KX-P6300

7. HELP request: Internet Connection Sharing on W2K

8. !!!! vb4 code needed !!!!

9. using internet connection sharing with cable internet

10. Internet connection sharing and Norton Internet Security

11. Internet Explorer Setting in an Internet Connection Sharing Environment using W2K

12. Internet Connection Sharing only allows 2 simultaneous connections

13. Internet Connection Sharing towards an airport connection with Apple Powerbook