HP SUCKS! no scanner or Xd writer support for WIN 2000

HP SUCKS! no scanner or Xd writer support for WIN 2000

Post by Bronco Bo » Wed, 19 Apr 2000 04:00:00

Just have to vent some steam at HP (HP=hate people)

My 4100C  USB color scanner is not supported by HP for WIN 2000. No
drivers available no software available.. no can use

My HP CD-Writer USB external 8270E.. no drivers available..no can use

Screw HP and their lack of support for customers.  I HATE HP  and
anyone would be foolsih to purchase thier products. I'm dumping all my
HP printers, Pavillions etc.

Bronco

HP SUCKS! no scanner or Xd writer support for WIN 2000

Post by Mark J. Lieberman DD » Wed, 19 Apr 2000 04:00:00

I have an HP R80 all in one scanner, printer, fax that works fine with their
W2K drivers.

<<Screw HP and their lack of support for customers.

  Doc Mark -Team Toshiba-
  Compuserve Toshport Forum

HP SUCKS! no scanner or Xd writer support for WIN 2000

Post by Ronn » Thu, 20 Apr 2000 04:00:00

HP 4100C scanners
By: Mike Stewart

In their infinite wisdom HP has decided that they aren't going to support
these popular scanners under Windows 2000 and while there is a default
driver on the Win 2000 disk it's very stripped down and lacking all the
features that were supported under Win 98, like different resolutions, scan
buttons, and other basic needs.

However....

I found out today that if you download the Scanjet software for NT4 for an
HP 5100C scanner
http://www.veryComputer.com/,
(sj263en.exe 17.26 Megabytes), install it, and then make the one small step
of removing " HP Parallel Port Test"  from the STARTUP  folder all the
features that you had previously under win 98 ( and a few more) are
available again, the HP precision scan software works flawlessly with the
drivers that were on the Win 2000 disk.
To say I was ecstatic wasn't the word!!!!

Quote:> Just have to vent some steam at HP (HP=hate people)

> My 4100C  USB color scanner is not supported by HP for WIN 2000. No
> drivers available no software available.. no can use

> My HP CD-Writer USB external 8270E.. no drivers available..no can use

>*HP and their lack of support for customers.  I HATE HP  and
> anyone would be foolsih to purchase thier products. I'm dumping all my
> HP printers, Pavillions etc.

> Bronco

HP SUCKS! no scanner or Xd writer support for WIN 2000

Post by FL.. » Sat, 22 Apr 2000 04:00:00

Forget HP, for your scanner do like i did, someone with their infinite
wisdom told me to download Umax's Vistascan software for my HP Scanjet
3200c... and viola!  It works!!!  I like this software 100% better than
HP's!  I can turn the lamp on and off when I feel like it (not waiting
for HP's buggy powersaver software), use the software to make copies
directly to the printer...  I guess it might just be a generic twain
driver???  But I luv it!!!!  The only drawback is that in Hardware
manager, you still will get the VID.... icon in Unkown hardware... but
thats a little drawback for the functionality!!!  Umax is the way to go
for now on!!

> HP 4100C scanners
> By: Mike Stewart

> In their infinite wisdom HP has decided that they aren't going to
support
> these popular scanners under Windows 2000 and while there is a default
> driver on the Win 2000 disk it's very stripped down and lacking all
the
> features that were supported under Win 98, like different resolutions,
scan
> buttons, and other basic needs.

> However....

> I found out today that if you download the Scanjet software for NT4
for an
> HP 5100C scanner
> http://www.veryComputer.com/,
> (sj263en.exe 17.26 Megabytes), install it, and then make the one small
step
> of removing " HP Parallel Port Test"  from the STARTUP  folder all the
> features that you had previously under win 98 ( and a few more) are
> available again, the HP precision scan software works flawlessly with
the
> drivers that were on the Win 2000 disk.
> To say I was ecstatic wasn't the word!!!!

> > Just have to vent some steam at HP (HP=hate people)

> > My 4100C  USB color scanner is not supported by HP for WIN 2000. No
> > drivers available no software available.. no can use

> > My HP CD-Writer USB external 8270E.. no drivers available..no can
use

> >*HP and their lack of support for customers.  I HATE HP  and
> > anyone would be foolsih to purchase thier products. I'm dumping all
my
> > HP printers, Pavillions etc.

> > Bronco

Before you buy.

1. HP Scanner support: Link to HP CEO here

Hi gang:

Here is the link to leave message for HP CEO (Carly Fiona).

http://www.hp.com/ghp/ceo/email.html

I sent message over the weekend expressing my displeasure at the lack of
Win2000 support for my nearly new 4100Cse scanner.

They responded today that my email was sent to the "Executive Consumer
Advocacy Group".  (hope that isn't HP-speak for the delete key)

Anyhow, we would probably do good to flood the CEO email bin with our valid
concerns.

2. simple huffman conding

3. HP Scanner Support for Windows 2000?

4. what are these files in the "SIS Common Store" directory ?

5. Win 2000 & HP Writer Plus 9200i setup

6. General Name

7. HP 4200 c Scanner drivers for Win 2000 Pro

8. === Year 2000 Dispute ===

9. Why is HP Writer (8100i) not supported on Server?

10. Can I use HP Scanjet IIc scanner's SCSI adapter card in Win 2000

11. Windows 2000 Pro can't read IDE CD-ROM after installing HP CD-Writer+ 8200e

12. Win 2K Pro drivers for HP CD-Writer Plus 7200e

13. HP CD-Writer Plus 8210i driver for Windows 2000??