can i dual boot win2k pro and winme?

Post by <<< vacattack >>> » Mon, 18 Sep 2000 15:40:53

i had win2k pro on my c: drive and just installed winme on my e: drive (2 hd
c, e, f and d, g partitions)

now it goes directly to winme

how do i set it up to dual boot?

ive looked here and even in tech support from ms

thanks if you can help

can i dual boot win2k pro and winme?

Post by John Hill » Mon, 18 Sep 2000 04:00:00

Quote:> i had win2k pro on my c: drive and just installed winme on my e: drive (2
hd
> c, e, f and d, g partitions)

> now it goes directly to winme

> how do i set it up to dual boot?

> ive looked here and even in tech support from ms

> thanks if you can help

I had the same problem when I installed win98se after win 2Kpro.  In the end
I wiped the lot and installed win98 before win 2K, this works fine as win2K
has a boot manager which picks up both OS's.  There may be some other way
with win me, but as its for home use, I don't suppose microsoft made it with
dual boot in mind!
Regards, JH.

can i dual boot win2k pro and winme?

Post by <<< vacattack >>> » Mon, 18 Sep 2000 04:00:00

sorry but you lost me there

what do you mean by sys c:?

> On Sun, 17 Sep 2000 10:05:52 +0100, "John Hills"

> >> i had win2k pro on my c: drive and just installed winme on my e: drive
(2
> >hd
> >> c, e, f and d, g partitions)
> >> now it goes directly to winme
> >> how do i set it up to dual boot?

> >I had the same problem when I installed win98se after win 2Kpro.  In the
end
> >I wiped the lot and installed win98 before win 2K, this works fine as
win2K
> >has a boot manager which picks up both OS's.

> If you _must_ install Win9X after a Win2000 install, boot to a Win9x
> floppy, and SYS C:  Then install Win9X.  Then boot to your Win2000
> boot disks and ERD, and Repair the installation. This should invoke
> the Win2000 boot manager, and it should pick up both installs.

> * Remove BLOCK to reply by email
> * CNA, Associate of Wim's BIOS Page
> * http://www.ping.be/bios/

can i dual boot win2k pro and winme?

Post by Sonn » Tue, 19 Sep 2000 04:00:00

Hi vacattack,

You first installed (or had a preinstalled version of) Win2000 on you PC on
logical drive C: (on hard drive C. Then you installed WinME on the same hard
drive (on C) on logical drive E:...is that correct? If so, you'll have to
use the repair option in the Win2000 to repair the boot manager so that your
ME is recognised by your Win2000 boot manager & included in your boot
menu...

Sonny

Quote:> i had win2k pro on my c: drive and just installed winme on my e: drive (2
hd
> c, e, f and d, g partitions)

> now it goes directly to winme

> how do i set it up to dual boot?

> ive looked here and even in tech support from ms

> thanks if you can help

1. win2k pro and winMe dual boot??? help???

I have windows Me currently installed on my pc and i just bought win2k pro.
i have 1 hardrive with 3 partitions and i was going to install win2k on a
separate partition from winME but i click the setup icon to install win 2k
and it says i'm unable to install win 2k with this version of windows......
any solutions, please??????

2. Multi Io 2 High Speed Serial 1 Hign Speed Parallel

3. win2k pro & winMe dual boot???? help??

4. Performance of NT-Fileserver versa Unix-Fileserver

5. WinME/Win2K Pro Dual Boot

6. telnet client for S5 ?

7. win2k pro and winMe dual boot???? help??

8. Dual Boot WinME/W2KPro - getting rid of WinME

9. Dual Booting WinMe/Win2k after converting C: from FAT16->FAT32

10. winme/win2k dual boot

11. Win2k and WinME dual boot

12. WinME and Win2k dual boot: partition question