pad.esi in the root directory?

Post by Farhan Ata Arai » Wed, 19 Apr 2000 04:00:00

Hi,

I suddenly have a file pad.esi in my Win2k pro root directory, and is 32 MB
in size. Is it safe to delete, and what exactly is it?

Farhan

pad.esi in the root directory?

Post by Andrej Budj » Wed, 19 Apr 2000 04:00:00

What programs do you have installed? Maybe Diskeeper?

Andrej
--
Andrej Budja, MCSE+I, MCT, MVP

On Tue, 18 Apr 2000 16:10:41 +0500, "Farhan Ata Arain"

>Hi,

>I suddenly have a file pad.esi in my Win2k pro root directory, and is 32 MB
>in size. Is it safe to delete, and what exactly is it?

>Farhan

pad.esi in the root directory?

Post by Vaughn McMillan - Executive Softwar » Wed, 19 Apr 2000 04:00:00

Hi Farhan -

Pad.esi is a file used by the Frag Guard feature in Diskeeper 5.  It
is used to "pad" space for the paging file to expand into, which
prevents the paging file from fragmenting as it expands.  It can be
safely deleted, but Frag Guard will put it back in place eventually.
If the disk space is an issue, I'd suggest disabling Frag Guard on
that volume -- that'll make the file disappear.

I hope this helps -

Vaughn McMillan
Executive Software

On Tue, 18 Apr 2000 16:10:41 +0500, "Farhan Ata Arain"

>Hi,

>I suddenly have a file pad.esi in my Win2k pro root directory, and is 32 MB
>in size. Is it safe to delete, and what exactly is it?

>Farhan

I hope this helps -

Vaughn McMillan
Executive Software