win2k pro and winMe dual boot???? help??

win2k pro and winMe dual boot???? help??

Post by Oakley_Gu » Mon, 19 Feb 2001 16:11:50

I have windows Me currently installed on my pc and i just bought win2k pro.
i have 1 hardrive with 3 partitions and i was going to install win2k on a
separate partition from winME but i click the setup icon to install win 2k
and it says i'm unable to install win 2k with this version of windows......
any solutions, please??????

win2k pro and winMe dual boot???? help??

Post by Tree » Mon, 19 Feb 2001 20:33:19

With Win ME will not allow Win 2000 to make a dual boot.

I suggest you dump Win ME, try this:
1) Complete Win2000
2) Win 98SE with Win2000. You can choose either OS during Boot up.

Win2000 is a good OS and most programmes can run on it.

Quote:> I have windows Me currently installed on my pc and i just bought win2k

--
** My email address is disguised. To respond, please insert an underscore
between the words tree and maker.**

win2k pro and winMe dual boot???? help??

Post by Jim Schwart » Tue, 20 Feb 2001 00:17:10

Hmmm . . . I dual boot 2000 and ME just fine. Then again, maybe I cannot see
the forest for the Trees <smile>.

Regards,
Jim

> With Win ME will not allow Win 2000 to make a dual boot.

> I suggest you dump Win ME, try this:
> 1) Complete Win2000
> 2) Win 98SE with Win2000. You can choose either OS during Boot up.

> Win2000 is a good OS and most programmes can run on it.

> > I have windows Me currently installed on my pc and i just bought win2k
> pro.
> > i have 1 hardrive with 3 partitions and i was going to install win2k on
> > separate partition from winME but i click the setup icon to install win
2k
> > and it says i'm unable to install win 2k with this version of
> windows......
> > any solutions, please??????

> --
> ** My email address is disguised. To respond, please insert an underscore
> between the words tree and maker.**

win2k pro and winMe dual boot???? help??

Post by Ringspher » Tue, 20 Feb 2001 02:48:21

Click OK when you receive the message.Unless the installation program exits
altogether, you should be able to continue the W2K install. At the next
screen the Clean Install option is preselected (the Upgrade option will be
grayed out); continue on and then make sure you specify a partition
*different from* your Me partition for the installation. I've successfully
loaded W2K on a number of Win 98 machines this way giving me dual boot
capability on all of them.

Quote:> I have windows Me currently installed on my pc and i just bought win2k
pro.
> i have 1 hardrive with 3 partitions and i was going to install win2k on a
> separate partition from winME but i click the setup icon to install win 2k
> and it says i'm unable to install win 2k with this version of
windows......
> any solutions, please??????

win2k pro and winMe dual boot???? help??

Post by Rajesh Ra » Tue, 20 Feb 2001 08:13:46

i have one, rather had one dual boot winme and W2K - shouldnot
have a problem - you could probably choose the advanced options
during setup to insist that you want to choose the installation partition

Quote:> I have windows Me currently installed on my pc and i just bought win2k
pro.
> i have 1 hardrive with 3 partitions and i was going to install win2k on a
> separate partition from winME but i click the setup icon to install win 2k
> and it says i'm unable to install win 2k with this version of
windows......
> any solutions, please??????

win2k pro and winMe dual boot???? help??

Post by Steve Smit » Wed, 21 Feb 2001 05:19:43

Just to Re-Confirm , There are no issues associated with dual booting ME and
w2k. As long as you have genuine source files accessable after installing ME
just run setup which promps you to upgrade ME , select No and proceed with a
fresh install selecting advanced options to select the option 'prompt for
installation partition'. After re-booting you will be given the choice of
partitions.

I have one machine setup as follows :
c:\ = 2gb fat16 Boot partition
d:\ = 15gb fat32 with me installed
e:\ = 3gb fat32 with w2k pro and its source files

No probs at all.

Quote:> I have windows Me currently installed on my pc and i just bought win2k
pro.
> i have 1 hardrive with 3 partitions and i was going to install win2k on a
> separate partition from winME but i click the setup icon to install win 2k
> and it says i'm unable to install win 2k with this version of
windows......
> any solutions, please??????

win2k pro and winMe dual boot???? help??

Post by Seafare » Sun, 25 Feb 2001 08:21:09

Just a question....did you try to install from within Window ME?  Try
to boot from cd and install that way.  You just have to make sure that
in yoru bios the option to boot from cd is selected before the hard
drive.  No problems on my end when I did that.

Quote:>I have windows Me currently installed on my pc and i just bought win2k pro.
>i have 1 hardrive with 3 partitions and i was going to install win2k on a
>separate partition from winME but i click the setup icon to install win 2k
>and it says i'm unable to install win 2k with this version of windows......
>any solutions, please??????

1. win2k pro and winMe dual boot??? help???

I have windows Me currently installed on my pc and i just bought win2k pro.
i have 1 hardrive with 3 partitions and i was going to install win2k on a
separate partition from winME but i click the setup icon to install win 2k
and it says i'm unable to install win 2k with this version of windows......
any solutions, please??????

2. ANT Suite discussions (was re. Marcel, Fresco, & c.)

3. win2k pro & winMe dual boot???? help??

4. My Interent eorror!

5. WinME/Win2K Pro Dual Boot

6. firewire card and ipaq

7. can i dual boot win2k pro and winme?

8. NEED to now about 3D Viewer from True D Software

9. WIN2k and WINME dual boot??? please help??

10. win2k and winMe dual boot??? please help??

11. Dual Boot WinME/W2KPro - getting rid of WinME

12. Dual Booting WinMe/Win2k after converting C: from FAT16->FAT32

13. winme/win2k dual boot