Deleting a Folder Containing Redirected User Folders when the User has been Deleted

Deleting a Folder Containing Redirected User Folders when the User has been Deleted

Post by Ben » Wed, 07 May 2003 07:22:10

Hello there

I've created a group policy to redirect user folders (Desktop,
Profile, My Documents etc.) in Win 2003.  I have logged on a three
test users and re-configured.  I have deleted these users from AD and
then attempted to clear up my User directories.

I get the message Access is Denied -- Make sure the disk is not full
or write protected.  I cannot sign in as the owning users because I
have deleted them.  I have attempted making the Administrator the
owner of the folders, but this does not work.

So my users have exclusive control over some folders, and I have
deleted these users.

Any suggestions for something that will force a delete, just to make
my filesystem tidy?

Regards

Ben

Deleting a Folder Containing Redirected User Folders when the User has been Deleted

Post by Steven L Umbac » Wed, 07 May 2003 07:39:41

          An administrator should be able to take ownership, change
permissions, and delete. Check your effective setting for user right - "take
ownership" on the computer you are having a problem doing such.
Administrators group should be the only group via  default settings. ---
Steve

Quote:> Hello there

> I've created a group policy to redirect user folders (Desktop,
> Profile, My Documents etc.) in Win 2003.  I have logged on a three
> test users and re-configured.  I have deleted these users from AD and
> then attempted to clear up my User directories.

> I get the message Access is Denied -- Make sure the disk is not full
> or write protected.  I cannot sign in as the owning users because I
> have deleted them.  I have attempted making the Administrator the
> owner of the folders, but this does not work.

> So my users have exclusive control over some folders, and I have
> deleted these users.

> Any suggestions for something that will force a delete, just to make
> my filesystem tidy?

> Regards

> Ben

Deleting a Folder Containing Redirected User Folders when the User has been Deleted

Post by Ben » Sat, 31 May 2003 06:41:51

Thanks -- The UI for changing owners was my downfall.  Some sleep and
your delp seemed to work.

1. deleting deleted user folders

Greetings,

        I have a WIN2k server acting as domain controller with user accounts to
allow logins to domain workstations.  When I delete a user account I am
unable to easily delete all the user's folders.  Even after taking
ownership of the folders some of the files remain as system files.  I
get a "access denied, files in use" message and I cannot delete them.
Even in safe mode command prompt I cannot remove the folders.  Does
anyone know how they can be removed without going in to each one looking
for the locked  files?

Todd Seeleman

*  University of Pennsylvania                                       *
*  Graduate School of Education      phone: 215-573-8378            *
*  3700 Walnut St., Rm. 002            fax: 215-573-2119            *
*  Philadelphia, PA. 19104-6216                                     *

2. tNetTask

3. folder redirects fail unless local admin group contains domain users group

4. syncPPP for Mac?

5. Folder Permissions - Read/Write/Delete but not delete or move folders

6. Memory-Error in function NavGetDefaultDialogOptions

7. Delete items in a folder without deleting the folder...

8. 3 Windows on 1 HDD

9. user folder redirect and start menu redirect

10. Folders won't delete after files they contain are accessed by Mac clients.

11. How Delete users shared folders?

12. My users delete files and folders!!Help!!

13. Auto delete user folder