Add/remove programs will not open

Post by Mark » Wed, 09 Jan 2002 00:05:29

I have a client running windows 2000 Server.  In control
panel when we click add/remove programs we get nothing.
It seems to be opening for a few seconds and then the hour
glass goes away and nothing happens.  We have tried to
check system files and have reapplied service pack 2 and
still nothing.

Add/remove programs will not open

Post by Lanwenc » Wed, 09 Jan 2002 00:41:50

Anything in your event logs? Task manager show anything funky when this is
going on? Have you tried it while logged in as a different account?

Quote:> I have a client running windows 2000 Server.  In control
> panel when we click add/remove programs we get nothing.
> It seems to be opening for a few seconds and then the hour
> glass goes away and nothing happens.  We have tried to
> check system files and have reapplied service pack 2 and
> still nothing.

Add/remove programs will not open

Post by mark » Wed, 09 Jan 2002 07:04:26

There doesn't seem to be anything in the logs but each
time I try to start ADD/REMOVE Programs I get an instance
of mshts.exe in process.  I can end the processes but
still am unable to start ADD/Remove Programs.

Mark