Password Age Setting

Post by Ping Zhan » Thu, 06 Mar 2003 12:45:18

Dear there,
My password age for users was set to 3 months. But some users complain that
their passwords expire too soon. Sometimes, they changed passwords in the
evening, but their passwords expired again in the next morning.
What's this problem?
Thanks in advance,
Ross

Password Age Setting

Post by Tony Murray [MVP » Thu, 06 Mar 2003 20:53:32

Kerberos has tight dependencies with the Time Service, so
it could be something to inconsistent date/time settings.
Check all your DCs as well as the clients experiencing the
problem.

Tony

Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>Dear there,
>My password age for users was set to 3 months. But some
users complain that
>their passwords expire too soon. Sometimes, they changed
passwords in the
>evening, but their passwords expired again in the next
morning.
>What's this problem?
>Thanks in advance,
>Ross

>.

Password Age Setting

Post by Joe Richards [MVP » Fri, 07 Mar 2003 08:59:48

This sounds like a bug that was fixed in W2K Sp3. If you haven't deployed
Sp3 to the clients yet, do so.

--
Joe Richards
www.joeware.net

Quote:> Dear there,
> My password age for users was set to 3 months. But some users complain
that
> their passwords expire too soon. Sometimes, they changed passwords in the
> evening, but their passwords expired again in the next morning.
> What's this problem?
> Thanks in advance,
> Ross

1. Can not set minimum password age.

Hi everyone.
Originally we had our minimum password age set to 10 days,
but now we want to set it to 0 days.
I think everything in our AD is set correct, but no one
can change passwords immediately.
When I use "Gpresult.exe -v", to see which group policies
that apply to my workstation, the Default Domain Policy
does not show.
Can someone help?
Thank you very much.
Harald

2. FS. SUN SS10

3. password age

4. CM-5's Scalable Disk Array

5. 2000 Pro user passwords age

6. Where is the .NET (C#) API specification site?

7. Maximum Password age blowing up

8. C++ Class hierarchy browser/viewer (?)

9. default domain GPO, password aging

10. Minimum Password Age?

11. Maximum Password Age

12. confusion over maximum password age....

13. Password Ageing problem on RAS