Do I need NIC to setup DNS Server?

Post by B Stan » Sat, 07 Jul 2001 13:46:13

Hi all,

I have only one computer that I want to setup DNS server.
I don't have NIC on it.
Can I setup without NIC?
Thanks.

B Stand.

Do I need NIC to setup DNS Server?

Post by Roger Abel » Sun, 08 Jul 2001 19:14:29

If you want DNS setup in order to do AD,
the machine requires live networking.  Some
experiments can be done after loading the
MS Loopback adapter by manually installing
it under new network adaptors.

--
Roger Abell  -  MS MVP (Windows Platform)

Quote:> Hi all,

> I have only one computer that I want to setup DNS server.
> I don't have NIC on it.
> Can I setup without NIC?
> Thanks.

> B Stand.

Do I need NIC to setup DNS Server?

Post by Michel Alleno » Wed, 11 Jul 2001 19:47:04

No you do not need a NIC domain name to install a DNS server. You can just
install and configure it for your local network only such as
'myorganisation.local'.

M. Allenou

Quote:> Hi all,