TweakUI for Win2k?

Post by Tony Saragos » Tue, 27 Jun 2000 04:00:00

actually tweakui is built by ms, by the developer team.

--
.

> > I have a few questions about it:

> > 1)  Did Microsoft develop it or you?
> > 2)  Do you know when the full version comes out?  I don't put beta
> software
> > on my primary machine.

> > Thank you,

>  Butting in here, TweakUI was not built by MS, it was mearly put on the
> installation CD for powerusers.  TweakUI is always a add-on.  Second, the
> beta and the final version will not make much of a difference on your
> machine for after all, this is not a lowlevel application in the sense
that
> it makes modifications that you can undo anytime you want unlike and OS or
> regularly used application.

TweakUI for Win2k?

Post by Tony Saragos » Tue, 27 Jun 2000 04:00:00

yep, but they have always stated that i wasn't supported, so they won't be
liable for problems anyways.

--
.

>   Oh, I always believed that TweakUI was a separated add-on because MS is
> not liable for its running in the application and it is stated in the
> connected documentation.  You are sure of that one?

> > actually tweakui is built by ms, by the developer team.

> > --
> > .

> > > software

> > >  Butting in here, TweakUI was not built by MS, it was mearly put on
the
> > > installation CD for powerusers.  TweakUI is always a add-on.  Second,
> the
> > > beta and the final version will not make much of a difference on your
> > > machine for after all, this is not a lowlevel application in the sense
> > that
> > > it makes modifications that you can undo anytime you want unlike and
OS
> or
> > > regularly used application.

TweakUI for Win2k?

Post by VN » Tue, 27 Jun 2000 04:00:00

1) Is there a TweakUI for Win2k?  I just want my Start Menu/Programs stuff
to open faster.

2) Also, if you are in web mode, with single click activation of links, how
can you change the delay between the instant you click and the instant the
application opens?  Feels like there is a one second delay and it irritates
me.  I want to reduce the delay to 0ms.

Thanks,

Vinod

TweakUI for Win2k?

Post by Wild Hors » Tue, 27 Jun 2000 04:00:00

  Oh, I always believed that TweakUI was a separated add-on because MS is
not liable for its running in the application and it is stated in the
connected documentation.  You are sure of that one?

> actually tweakui is built by ms, by the developer team.

> --
> .

> > > I have a few questions about it:

> > > 1)  Did Microsoft develop it or you?
> > > 2)  Do you know when the full version comes out?  I don't put beta
> > software
> > > on my primary machine.

> > > Thank you,

> >  Butting in here, TweakUI was not built by MS, it was mearly put on the
> > installation CD for powerusers.  TweakUI is always a add-on.  Second,
the
> > beta and the final version will not make much of a difference on your
> > machine for after all, this is not a lowlevel application in the sense
> that
> > it makes modifications that you can undo anytime you want unlike and OS
or
> > regularly used application.

TweakUI for Win2k?

Post by Wild Hors » Tue, 27 Jun 2000 04:00:00

"The Microsoft? Windows? Shell Development Team has put together a set of
productivity tools called PowerToys. If you're a Windows power-user, go
ahead and try them out, but realize these are unsupported tools. Microsoft
Technical Support is unable to answer questions about PowerToys."

 Seems you're right ;]

> actually tweakui is built by ms, by the developer team.

> --
> .

> > > I have a few questions about it:

> > > 1)  Did Microsoft develop it or you?
> > > 2)  Do you know when the full version comes out?  I don't put beta
> > software
> > > on my primary machine.

> > > Thank you,

> >  Butting in here, TweakUI was not built by MS, it was mearly put on the
> > installation CD for powerusers.  TweakUI is always a add-on.  Second,
the
> > beta and the final version will not make much of a difference on your
> > machine for after all, this is not a lowlevel application in the sense
> that
> > it makes modifications that you can undo anytime you want unlike and OS
or
> > regularly used application.

TweakUI for Win2k?

Post by Stan Gun » Tue, 27 Jun 2000 04:00:00

I have one in my download section.

--
Stan Gunn
W2k Tips and Tricks

> 1) Is there a TweakUI for Win2k?  I just want my Start Menu/Programs stuff
> to open faster.

> 2) Also, if you are in web mode, with single click activation of links, how
> can you change the delay between the instant you click and the instant the
> application opens?  Feels like there is a one second delay and it irritates
> me.  I want to reduce the delay to 0ms.

> Thanks,

> Vinod

TweakUI for Win2k?

Post by Stan Gun » Tue, 27 Jun 2000 04:00:00

It is an MS thingie.

I have know no idea if and when a full version might or might
not come out.

--
Stan Gunn
W2k Tips and Tricks
http://win2000tips.home.att.net/
Resistance is futile....Seven of Nine

> I have a few questions about it:

> 1)  Did Microsoft develop it or you?
> 2)  Do you know when the full version comes out?  I don't put beta software
> on my primary machine.

> Thank you,

> VN

> > I have one in my download section.

> > --
> > Stan Gunn
> > W2k Tips and Tricks
> > http://win2000tips.home.att.net/
> > Resistance is futile....Seven of Nine

> > > 1) Is there a TweakUI for Win2k?  I just want my Start Menu/Programs
> stuff
> > > to open faster.

> > > 2) Also, if you are in web mode, with single click activation of links,
> how
> > > can you change the delay between the instant you click and the instant
> the
> > > application opens?  Feels like there is a one second delay and it
> irritates
> > > me.  I want to reduce the delay to 0ms.

> > > Thanks,

> > > Vinod

TweakUI for Win2k?

Post by VN » Tue, 27 Jun 2000 04:00:00

I have a few questions about it:

1)  Did Microsoft develop it or you?
2)  Do you know when the full version comes out?  I don't put beta software
on my primary machine.

Thank you,

VN

> I have one in my download section.

> --
> Stan Gunn
> W2k Tips and Tricks
> http://win2000tips.home.att.net/
> Resistance is futile....Seven of Nine

Quote:> > 1) Is there a TweakUI for Win2k?  I just want my Start Menu/Programs
stuff
> > to open faster.

> > 2) Also, if you are in web mode, with single click activation of links,
how
> > can you change the delay between the instant you click and the instant
the
> > application opens?  Feels like there is a one second delay and it
irritates
> > me.  I want to reduce the delay to 0ms.

> > Thanks,

> > Vinod

TweakUI for Win2k?

Post by Tony Saragos » Tue, 27 Jun 2000 04:00:00

there probably won't be a full version, and for the most part, tweakui is
buggy, even when fully released, so it doesn't matter if its beta or not.
also it doesn't look like one will be released.

--
.

> I have a few questions about it:

> 1)  Did Microsoft develop it or you?
> 2)  Do you know when the full version comes out?  I don't put beta
software
> on my primary machine.

> Thank you,

> VN

> > I have one in my download section.

> > --
> > Stan Gunn
> > W2k Tips and Tricks
> > http://win2000tips.home.att.net/
> > Resistance is futile....Seven of Nine

> > > 1) Is there a TweakUI for Win2k?  I just want my Start Menu/Programs
> stuff
> > > to open faster.

> > > 2) Also, if you are in web mode, with single click activation of
links,
> how
> > > can you change the delay between the instant you click and the instant
> the
> > > application opens?  Feels like there is a one second delay and it
> irritates
> > > me.  I want to reduce the delay to 0ms.

> > > Thanks,

> > > Vinod

TweakUI for Win2k?

Post by Wild Hors » Tue, 27 Jun 2000 04:00:00

Quote:> I have a few questions about it:

> 1)  Did Microsoft develop it or you?
> 2)  Do you know when the full version comes out?  I don't put beta
software
> on my primary machine.

> Thank you,

 Butting in here, TweakUI was not built by MS, it was mearly put on the
installation CD for powerusers.  TweakUI is always a add-on.  Second, the
beta and the final version will not make much of a difference on your
machine for after all, this is not a lowlevel application in the sense that
it makes modifications that you can undo anytime you want unlike and OS or
regularly used application.

TweakUI for Win2k?

Or... Just make the desired reg hacks for the 2 items you want.