How to tell the 'up-time' if Event log is overwritten

How to tell the 'up-time' if Event log is overwritten

Post by Rob Leenhee » Tue, 05 Mar 2002 07:49:43

How can I tell the 'up-time' (or the time a machien was last rebooted) in
W2K/WXP when the Event log is overwritten?

Rob Leenheer

How to tell the 'up-time' if Event log is overwritten

Post by Nigel Kitche » Tue, 05 Mar 2002 08:01:49

Type NET STATS SERVER at the command prompt

> How can I tell the 'up-time' (or the time a machien was last rebooted) in
> W2K/WXP when the Event log is overwritten?

> Rob Leenheer

How to tell the 'up-time' if Event log is overwritten

Post by Bj?rn Johansso » Wed, 06 Mar 2002 01:06:20

If you want to check uptime on your machines through the network you can use
psinfo.exe.

Freeware at www.sysinternals.com

/bj?rn

> Type NET STATS SERVER at the command prompt

> > How can I tell the 'up-time' (or the time a machien was last rebooted)
in
> > W2K/WXP when the Event log is overwritten?

> > Rob Leenheer

How to tell the 'up-time' if Event log is overwritten

Post by Andy Bal » Thu, 07 Mar 2002 16:34:45

also SRVINFO from the NT Resource Kit does this (ie remote machine support)

--
Andy Ball
Greenfell Computing Ltd

> If you want to check uptime on your machines through the network you can
use
> psinfo.exe.

> Freeware at www.sysinternals.com

> /bj?rn

> > Type NET STATS SERVER at the command prompt

> > > How can I tell the 'up-time' (or the time a machien was last rebooted)
> in
> > > W2K/WXP when the Event log is overwritten?

> > > Rob Leenheer

1. Event Log doesn't log BSOD's

Hi. My setup is: create crash dump off, write an event to the event log and
administrative alert off. However none of the blue screens that happened in
the last week have been logged. From what I know this isn't the way it's
supposed to be. Is there a solution to this ?
--
This e-mail address is for spam only. I don't reply to mail sent to it, so
please don't bother.

2. Message Size problems with sendmail-

3. event 12 : The NTP server %1 isn't sync'd, time not set

4. What is TVFS

5. "Overwrite events as needed" doesn't stick

6. ChocksAway Extra Missions and RiscOS4.03

7. Help, Can't set time from AM to PM

8. Need Help with a Mac 512K and a Hayes type modem.

9. Event Log unable to find description of Event ID'S

10. Event Log. Who's logged in

11. Profile overwritten by 'all users' profile

12. Why does win98 always '20 times/day' check my A: drive 'HELP'

13. Configure to sync from External time source using 'net time /setsntp:'