KT7A-RAID and W2K install..please help!!

KT7A-RAID and W2K install..please help!!

Post by Stev » Fri, 27 Apr 2001 10:19:15

Ok guys, here comes another weird w2k install problem. The first of
it's kind that I've ever seen. I have read thru all the messages here
as well as the FAQ's, and I need help!

Equipment:

KT7A-RAID Bios YH
256meg ram
2 40g WD hard drives connected to IDE3
they have been fdisk'ed and formatted and
the final result is recognized as drive C:

I boot off the floppies, I hit F6, all is well..
The Hot Rod disk gets loaded, then I get
to where it says: Starting to run Windows 2000...

And then I get a BSOD: "KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED"

What is actually happening guys, is that W2k isn't detecting the
hard drive raid array. It just sits there and ignores the drives
completely. All cards have been pulled out of the slots except for
the video card.

And that is as far as I can go with my install.

I have tried booting off the CD and I get the same result.

Hope I provided enough information. If not, please ask.

Any ideas??

Thanks,
Steve

KT7A-RAID and W2K install..please help!!

Post by Andrew Haas » Fri, 04 May 2001 06:17:44

I guess you have solved your problem by now??

If you have not yet installed the disks on IDE3 (Ch0) and IDE4(Ch0) you
should!
I guess you are using a raid 0 configuration but even if not put the drives
on sep. ports.

Quote:> Ok guys, here comes another weird w2k install problem. The first of
> it's kind that I've ever seen. I have read thru all the messages here
> as well as the FAQ's, and I need help!

> Equipment:

> KT7A-RAID Bios YH
> 256meg ram
> 2 40g WD hard drives connected to IDE3
> they have been fdisk'ed and formatted and
> the final result is recognized as drive C:

> I boot off the floppies, I hit F6, all is well..
> The Hot Rod disk gets loaded, then I get
> to where it says: Starting to run Windows 2000...

> And then I get a BSOD: "KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED"

> What is actually happening guys, is that W2k isn't detecting the
> hard drive raid array. It just sits there and ignores the drives
> completely. All cards have been pulled out of the slots except for
> the video card.

> And that is as far as I can go with my install.

> I have tried booting off the CD and I get the same result.

> Hope I provided enough information. If not, please ask.

> Any ideas??

> Thanks,
> Steve

KT7A-RAID and W2K install..please help!!

Post by Anthony Rippi » Sat, 05 May 2001 09:11:51

try this site load of info on the motherboard
http://www.viahardware.com/faq/kt7/kt7faq.htm

replace the .co.uk to .com