Transfer Terminal Services CAL on Win98 pc.

Transfer Terminal Services CAL on Win98 pc.

Post by Larry Boyl » Wed, 26 Feb 2003 11:01:38

I'm attempting to reset CAL on a Windows 98 workstation running Terminal
Service client. The Terminal Service servers license pool has been reset and
licenses for clients are avalible. I need to physically remove the TS CAL
from the Windows 98 registry without reloading Windows 98. Thank for the
help. Larry.

Transfer Terminal Services CAL on Win98 pc.

Post by Warren Brow » Wed, 26 Feb 2003 14:51:07

Using REGEDIT select ....
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE | SOFTWARE | MICROSOFT | MSLICENSING |
STORE

... In here should be LICENSExxx which should be deleted.
The next time you log on to TermServ a new key will be
generated.

Hope this is what you were after.
Regards

Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>I'm attempting to reset CAL on a Windows 98 workstation
running Terminal
>Service client. The Terminal Service servers license pool
has been reset and
>licenses for clients are avalible. I need to physically
remove the TS CAL
>from the Windows 98 registry without reloading Windows
98. Thank for the
>help. Larry.

>.

1. Terminal Services CAL Install

I purchased CAL 5 pack for terminal services but am prompted far
an "Authorization Number" which I was never given with the license.  I only have
the license number.

Q258045 states:

"... If you chose the Microsoft Open License Agreement option, the Authorization
Number and License Number boxes are displayed. Locate the document that you
purchased from the channel distributor and type the Terminal Services CAL license
code. ..."

Where do I get the "Authorization Number?

Mark

2. Bullets in Data

3. distributing terminal services CAL license to clients

4. Looking for viman.eps

5. Windows 2000 SBS and Terminal Services CAL's

6. GOOD EDITOR

7. Terminal Services CAL Confusion

8. Terminal Service CAL's wont release clients

9. adding Terminal Services CAL's

10. Windows 2000 Server & Terminal Services CAL's question.

11. Regarding Terminal Services CAL problem

12. Terminal Services CAL's