How to reset screen defaults for cmd.exe

How to reset screen defaults for cmd.exe

Post by fran » Sat, 14 Sep 2002 08:42:59

For my Windows 2000 PC< I did a cmd at the run windows.
Fell into dos and saw the screen for the cmd.exe under
c:\winnt\system32.  I did a right click on the banner
header and produced white background and black text. Went
full screen and now I can't reset the original box so that
I adjust the colors.  The problem is now that my remote pc
attaches via pcanywhare, and my Outlook looks all in black
and white.  Is there a cmd.exe switch settings to set
defaults colors and fonts?

How to reset screen defaults for cmd.exe

Post by Clay Calver » Sat, 14 Sep 2002 09:20:56

Try using Alt-Enter to return the DOS prompt to windowed mode.

Quote:> For my Windows 2000 PC< I did a cmd at the run windows.
> Fell into dos and saw the screen for the cmd.exe under
> c:\winnt\system32.  I did a right click on the banner
> header and produced white background and black text. Went
> full screen and now I can't reset the original box so that
> I adjust the colors.  The problem is now that my remote pc
> attaches via pcanywhare, and my Outlook looks all in black
> and white.  Is there a cmd.exe switch settings to set
> defaults colors and fonts?

How to reset screen defaults for cmd.exe

And say "send to host",  not "execute locally" when prompted.