Problems with PCTV Card (DirectDraw) and icons LoRes

Problems with PCTV Card (DirectDraw) and icons LoRes

Post by Stan » Mon, 23 Jul 2001 01:59:46

Hi all..
I have Win2000 Pro SP2 English Version.
I have a Pinnacle Studio PCTV, Creative Riva TNT2 Ultra and DirectX8 and
latest drivers installed.
All was good, no problem, but from yesterday I can't see TV... The Assistant
of the TV Card stops on 3th step and says "The Card in use don' t support
DirectX 6 or higher". ( but the DirectX test is passed).
I tried to unistall the TV Card drivers, the Graphic Card drivers the
DirectX and reinstall all but nothing....
Also now the some icons of the applications on the taskbar and on the sys
tray are Low Resolution, (some yes and some not ?!??! for example the "e" of
explorer is LowRes) but the option "Show Icons using al possible colors" on
Display |Effects is enabled.
Any suggestions ??
Pls help me......
--